This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
    Hi Banu, President was on a VIP visit to MLE for 2-3 days then visitng SEZ. ADE was in MLE during the days of his visit. All his previous visits were also using call sign UL1/ALK1 (south america, china, etc)
    I thought UL is short of Aircrafts??

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
      I guess so.... but i think VIP requirements come as a priority? :P
      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines achieve new benchmark rate with USD 175 million bond

SriLankan Airlines successfully priced a USD 175 million international bond issue on 23 June 2014, which was guaranteed by Sri Lanka, due 2019 at a pricing of 5.3%. Standard Chartered Bank has continued to strengthen its partnership with Sri Lankan Airlines and was privileged to act as the sole book runner for this highly successful and inaugural international bond issue of the airline.

This is the lowest rate achieved to date,in the international market, by a Sri Lankan corporate or bank. The proceeds from the bond will help support the carrier’s re-fleetingand working capital requirements.

Colin Pawley, Head of Corporate and Institutional Clients, Standard Chartered commenting on the bond issue said: “Standard Chartered is proud to support the development of the national carrier and in turn the economy. This setsa new benchmark for Sri Lankan issuers and has paved the way for other entities to tap the international capital markets. Our on the ground presence linked to our international capabilities really helped to ensure this issue was a great success”.

The strong anchor interest and support from investors followed a highly successful international road show that covered Singapore, Hong Kong and London and meant SriLankan Airlines was able to price the USD transaction at a very competitive rate despite a modest size issuance. The order book witnessed exceptionally good interest from institutional investors. The final order book was USD 3.0 billion from 85 participants and was over subscribed by a record 17.0x.

Kapila Chandrasena, CEO, SriLankan Airlines stated “we are very pleased with the interest shown by international investors in the Airline and equally important is the fact that this amply depicts the confidence that the investing community has in the Country”.

Yasantha Dissanayake, Head of Finance of SriLankan Airlines said “the response we received for this debut issue is indeed most encouraging and it opens up new avenues of financing for the Airline in the future when it focuses on re-fleeting and modernisation”.

Standard Chartered focuses on providing clients with the benefit of its local and global expertise to bring innovative and effective banking and finance solutions as it partners national development and expansion. This is the third foreign currency bond transaction from Sri Lanka this year and Standard Chartered is the only bank involved in all the three deals - testament to the strength of its Sri Lanka franchise and strong commitment to clients.

SriLankan Airlines is the flag carrier of Sri Lanka, with hubs located at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo and Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, Hambantota.

news.lk

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
          Yes, SriLankan Airlines is short of aircraft, I think 4R-ALB is not in service since 4R-ALG back in service last week. @haleef - do you know the latest status of 4R-ALB?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            Yes, SriLankan Airlines is short of aircraft, I think 4R-ALB is not in service since 4R-ALG back in service last week. @haleef - do you know the latest status of 4R-ALB?
            ALB shows the last day of flying as CMB - LHR - CMB on the 18th as per flightaware
            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
              I don't know bro :/ Dad said he's also not sure about ALB.. He hasn't even seen it recently !!
              Haleef Ismail
              www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Found this on internet. Don't know it has been shared before.

Sri Lankan First A350 is MSN 52.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/p...VE&output=html

Does anyone know this is leased or purchased aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by xyzpoosa View Post
                  Found this on internet. Don't know it has been shared before.

Sri Lankan First A350 is MSN 52.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/p...VE&output=html

Does anyone know this is leased or purchased aircraft?
                  As far as i know four of the A350 going to be leased for 12 years period. correct me if i am wrong?

Comment

• SriLankan launches direct flights to Chongqing

SriLankan Airlines has started first ever weekly flight between Colombo and Chongqing today (1-Jul-2014), carrying a full load of 140 passengers. These charter flights will be represented by Chongqing Huapont International Travel Service Co. Ltd and John Keels Travel Group.

The flight is scheduled to depart Colombo every tuesdays at 2340 hrs to arrive in Chongqing at 1015 hrs local time. It left Chongqing at 1115 hrs to arrive in Colombo at 1605 hrs on every Wednesdays. As such, the flight will now operate weekly until November 25, 2014 and will thereafter resume operations on January 13, 2015. Passengers get the opportunity to enjoy the relaxing ambience and the best of Sri Lanka’s hospitality on board a SriLankan Airlines’ A320 aircraft that will be operated on the route, according to source : Colombo Gazzette.

Hope SriLankan Airlines will upgrade this flight as schedule flight and increase the frequency on Chongqing in near future.

What do you think?? Any idea about the rego of the A320 flew to Chongqing today?

Share your comments..

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines to Start A330-300 Operations from Nov 2014

Update at 0015GMT 02JUL14

SriLankan Airlines in Winter 2014/15 season is introducing 1st Airbus A330-300 aircraft to its fleet, which sees the new A330 variant operating following routes.

eff 15NOV14 Colombo – Frankfurt A330-300 operates on 4 of 5 weekly

UL553 CMB0101 – 0725+0 FRA 333 135
                      UL553 CMB0101 – 0725+0 FRA 332 7
                      UL557 CMB1206 – 1830+0 FRA 333 6

UL554 FRA1420 – 0441+1 CMB 333 135
                      UL554 FRA1420 – 0441+1 CMB 332 7
                      UL558 FRA1950 – 1011+1 CMB 333 6

eff 16NOV14 Colombo – Male A330-300 operates once a week

UL103 CMB1840 – 1935MLE 333 7
                      UL104 MLE2045 – 2240CMB 333 7

SriLankan Airlines’ A330-300 aircraft features C28Y269 configuration. This appears to be new inflight product as the the layout in Business Class is 1-2-1, instead of 2-2-2.

Routes is the home of the world’s leading aviation network development conferences and events. Plus aviation news and features, and profiles of global airlines and airports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyhigh View Post
                        SriLankan Airlines’ A330-300 aircraft features C28Y269 configuration. This appears to be new inflight product as the the layout in Business Class is 1-2-1, instead of 2-2-2.

http://airlineroute.net
                        Good to hear! Thanks for sharing! Anyone have any other details about the new product?

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                          Good to hear! Thanks for sharing! Anyone have any other details about the new product?
                          wow.. good news
                          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyhigh View Post
                              Update at 0015GMT 02JUL14

SriLankan Airlines in Winter 2014/15 season is introducing 1st Airbus A330-300 aircraft to its fleet, which sees the new A330 variant operating following routes.

eff 15NOV14 Colombo – Frankfurt A330-300 operates on 4 of 5 weekly

UL553 CMB0101 – 0725+0 FRA 333 135
                              UL553 CMB0101 – 0725+0 FRA 332 7
                              UL557 CMB1206 – 1830+0 FRA 333 6

UL554 FRA1420 – 0441+1 CMB 333 135
                              UL554 FRA1420 – 0441+1 CMB 332 7
                              UL558 FRA1950 – 1011+1 CMB 333 6

eff 16NOV14 Colombo – Male A330-300 operates once a week

UL103 CMB1840 – 1935MLE 333 7
                              UL104 MLE2045 – 2240CMB 333 7

http://airlineroute.net
                              Good News! Any idea when is the first A333's delivery flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
                                Good News! Any idea when is the first A333's delivery flight?
                                First A333 (4R-ALL/msn1564) going to be delivered in October 2014 but not sure about the exact delivery date. Wondering why they didn't utilise the first A333 for London flights.

Comment

Working...
                                X