This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
    still no confirmation from Airbus side about UL s Aircraft order??
    Video Published by Airbus on Jun 18, 2013.
    SriLankan Airlines CEO Kapila Chandrasena speaks about the carrier's 20-year relationship with Airbus and its exclusive fleet of A340, A330 and A320 Family aircraft. A321 and A320 operating for Mihin Lanka.

I think UL CEO is now at Paris Air Show. Hopefully SriLankan Airlines new aircraft order will be announced in next few days at the Paris Air Show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
      I think UL CEO is now at Paris Air Show. Hopefully SriLankan Airlines new aircraft order will be announced in next few days at the Paris Air Show.
      OFFICIAL - http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...ur-a350-xwbs/#

SriLankan Airlines opts for six A330’s and four A350 XWB’s

Winning combination for efficient long haul fleet

19 JUNE 2013 PRESS RELEASE

SriLankan Airlines, the national carrier of Sri Lanka, has signed an MoU (memorandum of understanding) for six A330-300s and four A350-900s. The airline, an all Airbus operator, has chosen the highly reliable A330 and the latest generation A350 XWB aircraft as part of its long-haul fleet renewal.

“The efficiency, reliability and passenger appeal of our in-service A330s form the pillar of SriLankan’s long haul operations,” said Kapila Chandrasena, CEO of SriLankan Airlines. “Adding more new A330’s to our fleet, combined with the unbeatable economics the A350 XWB will offer, allows us to achieve a strong economical performance.”

“We are grateful of this renewed confidence SriLankan Airlines is placing with us,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers “The winning combination of A330’s and A350 XWB’s will allow SriLankan Airlines to offer the highest levels of comfort to their passengers while also benefitting from superior efficiency levels at any time.”
      Airbus aircraft share a unique cockpit and operational commonality, allowing airlines to use the same pool of pilots, cabin crews and maintenance engineers, bringing operational flexibility and resulting in significant cost savings.

The twin engine A330 is one of the most widely used widebody aircraft in service today. Airbus has recorded more than 1,200 orders for the various versions of the aircraft and nearly 1,000 aircraft are flying with nearly 100 operators worldwide. The A330-300 has benefited from numerous product improvements and stands as the most cost-efficient and capable aircraft in its class, achieving average dispatch reliability above 99 percent.

The A350 XWB is the all-new mid-size long range product line comprising three versions and seating between 270 and 350 passengers in spacious three-class layouts. The new family will bring a step change in efficiency using 25 per cent less fuel and providing an equivalent reduction in CO2 emissions. To date the A350 XWB has already won 613 firm orders from 33 customers worldwide.

Last edited by Serendib; 19-06-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• RPT-AIRSHOW-Airbus wins $2.6 bln order from SriLankan Airlines - http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...B006XI20130619

Comment

• Originally posted by lochana333 View Post
          RPT-AIRSHOW-Airbus wins $2.6 bln order from SriLankan Airlines - http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...B006XI20130619
          congrats my national carrier !!

Comment

• Originally posted by lochana333 View Post
            RPT-AIRSHOW-Airbus wins $2.6 bln order from SriLankan Airlines - http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...B006XI20130619
            As far as I heard SriLankan Airlines announced orders for six Airbus A330-300 aircraft and commitments to buy four A350-900s in a deal worth $2.6 billion at list prices. SriLankan Airlines expected to confirm A350 order by end of month. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
              As far as I heard SriLankan Airlines announced orders for six Airbus A330-300 aircraft and commitments to buy four A350-900s in a deal worth $2.6 billion at list prices. SriLankan Airlines expected to confirm A350 order by end of month. Correct me if I am wrong.
              “We are grateful of this renewed confidence SriLankan Airlines is placing with us,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, “The winning combination of A330’s and A350 XWB’s will allow SriLankan Airlines to offer the highest levels of comfort to their passengers while also benefitting from superior efficiency levels at any time.”

Comment

• Good choice by UL! Congrats! Wish they ordered their A320s all new as well (instead of having 4 new A320s and 4 older ones). Wouldve given customers a more consistent product across their fleet.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what interior products UL equips their new widebody fleet with. Direct aisle access for business class and AVOD IFE should be looked at.

Comment

• Biman Airlines coming soon to Sri Lanka

Bangladeshi High Commissioner in Colombo Mohammed Sufiur Rahman told media -

"We are thinking of signing a [Memorandum of Understanding] MoU," he said. "It is very important. Also, the Bangladeshi national carrier will start flight operations to Colombo soon"

This website is for sale! khabarsouthasia.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, khabarsouthasia.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                    Good choice by UL! Congrats! Wish they ordered their A320s all new as well (instead of having 4 new A320s and 4 older ones). Wouldve given customers a more consistent product across their fleet.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what interior products UL equips their new widebody fleet with. Direct aisle access for business class and AVOD IFE should be looked at.
                    I agree SriLankan Airlines will become a better choice for the customers when we add brand new widebodies to the fleet. UL also have to improve the friendly cabin service on all their flights. Currently In-flight facilities (Cabin & IFE) is showing very poor condition especially on most of the SriLankan's A340s, which should be removed the fleet.

It looks like Six Brand new A333s will be delivered between October 2014 and December 2015, Leased Three A359s will be delivered between 2017 and 2019 and Four A359s will be delivered between 2019 and 2023.

Comment

• Hello Guys, It is happy to know that UL continuing to fly with Air Bus for longer.As we all know, we are too late to convert our older A343s with newer air craft.Actually we need A333s today not Oct2014.After the Spent big time with A343s and convert them to older version(2010 designed A333s I think) air craft is bullshit!.Even there is a another newly designed A333 air craft will come to the market in 2015.I don't know many about this But I know there is huge money trouble in UL.
                      Any how I would happy about the interior if 1 2 1 business class suites and 2 4 2 economy class seats in newer A333s and that will give tomorrow comfort in UL.What do you think guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyler View Post
                        Hello Guys, It is happy to know that UL continuing to fly with Air Bus for longer.As we all know, we are too late to convert our older A343s with newer air craft.Actually we need A333s today not Oct2014.After the Spent big time with A343s and convert them to older version(2010 designed A333s I think) air craft is bullshit!.Even there is a another newly designed A333 air craft will come to the market in 2015.I don't know many about this But I know there is huge money trouble in UL. Any how I would happy about the interior if 1 2 1 business class suites and 2 4 2 economy class seats in newer A333s and that will give tomorrow comfort in UL.What do you think guys?
                        The 240 tonne A330-300 will benefit from up to 400nm extra range – to 5,950nm (11,020km) – with 300 passengers and carry nearly five tonnes more payload than today’s 235 tonne aircraft. Entry into service of the 240 tonne A330-300 is aimed for mid 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyler View Post
                          Hello Guys, It is happy to know that UL continuing to fly with Air Bus for longer.As we all know, we are too late to convert our older A343s with newer air craft.Actually we need A333s today not Oct2014.After the Spent big time with A343s and convert them to older version(2010 designed A333s I think) air craft is bullshit!.Even there is a another newly designed A333 air craft will come to the market in 2015.I don't know many about this But I know there is huge money trouble in UL. Any how I would happy about the interior if 1 2 1 business class suites and 2 4 2 economy class seats in newer A333s and that will give tomorrow comfort in UL.What do you think guys?
                          Cant they lease few A333s till the Brand New 1s come in 2014?
                          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            Cant they lease few A333s till the Brand New 1s come in 2014?
                            It's likely that SriLankan will get the 235t version but some will be the 240t in 2015 deliveries. I think 235t can do the CMB-LHR-CMB route could be with load restriction so full pax load and bags but less cargo. But I doubt SriLankan will send A330-300 to LHR instead they will use A330-200. Even thesedays SriLankan mostly sends A330-200 to LHR. I think 235t is a better example for China, Saudi Arabia, Germany and Japan route.

Comment

• A350'S are ONLY DUE in 2017 according to AIRBUS,....that's QUITE a long wait .

Comment

• Any update on Jetstar?

Comment

Working...
                                X