Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

 

 

News Headlines..
   



 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 479 of 482 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 9626
  1. #9561
    Senior Member channa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by abhijith16 View Post
    No they didn’t - in fact as UL172 was about to land into CMB from HRI, UL604 was at the holding point waiting for UL172 to vacate the runway for take off.

    But nevertheless UL was proactive in ensuring my parents weren’t stranded in Colombo Airport - immediately upon arrival, UL agents proceeded to rebook my parents onto tonight’s UL604 to Melbourne and arranged hotel accomodation at the Ramada near Galle. My parents were gifted with an impromptu visit to Sri Lanka, so they were quite pleased!
    Please also find out how the load factor in UL 604 to Melbourne

  2. #9562
    4R-ANE preparing to it's delivery flight XFW-DWC-CMB.

  3. #9563
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    4R-ANE preparing to it's delivery flight XFW-DWC-CMB.
    Is it coming to Colombo tomorrow? Its done only two/three test flights so far. Very surprised its coming very early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    Load factors are less it seems. That's why.
    Has it been confirmed UL going to cancel both Kunming and Gan Island from March next year?

  4. #9564
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Is it coming to Colombo tomorrow? Its done only two/three test flights so far. Very surprised its coming very early.
    Yes it will arrive to Colombo around 9.30 am today (2nd Dec.). By the way instead of DWC they diverted to AUH.

  5. #9565
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    Yes it will arrive to Colombo around 9.30 am today (2nd Dec.). By the way instead of DXB they diverted to AUH.
    Coming from Dubai.

  6. #9566
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    Yes it will arrive to Colombo around 9.30 am today (2nd Dec.). By the way instead of DWC they diverted to AUH.
    It's enroute to CMB now. It had actually diverted to DWC (Dubai World Central - new airport in Dubai)

    https://fr24.com/ALK1206/fb4fbcd

  7. #9567
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    238
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Has it been confirmed UL going to cancel both Kunming and Gan Island from March next year?
    Good Move to Terminate GAN, Poor load factors being the cause
    - Aaqib (FlyinColors/Airlines747)

  8. #9568
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Please also find out how the load factor in UL 604 to Melbourne
    Was completely packed as around 50-60 pax that had missed their connections on the 29th to Melbourne had been reaccomodated to the 30th departure.

    Service was a hit and miss with catering not upto the mark, while the crew were generally quite courteous and attentive.

  9. #9569
    Quote Originally Posted by leyland View Post
    It's enroute to CMB now. It had actually diverted to DWC (Dubai World Central - new airport in Dubai)

    https://fr24.com/ALK1206/fb4fbcd
    why delayed? btw landed 10:06am... any pics?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Serendib; 02-12-2017 at 10:20 AM.

  10. #9570
    Air Sakurai to expand their wings in Sri Lanka and beyond!



    Air Sakurai YS – 11 Aircraft will be arriving to Sri Lanka by the second week of December 2017.

    Officials of Air Sakurai said that they intend to carryout scheduled charter and cargo flights from Katunayaka, Ratmalana, Mattala, Batticaloa, Trinco and Jaffna Airports. YS – 11 is a 64 seater Aircraft.

    Further more the Airline mentioned that they are looking forward to offer their customers with the best price in the market. Air Sakurai is expecting to spread their wings by offering flights from Sri Lanka to India and Maldives in the near future.
    Attached Images

  11. #9571
    Auckland bound Emirates A380 (A6-EOE) diverted to CMB airport. Aircraft currently on ground parked at C26.

  12. #9572
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    Auckland bound Emirates A380 (A6-EOE) diverted to CMB airport. Aircraft currently on ground parked at C26.
    Medical emergency for EK448 Dubai- auckland

  13. #9573
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    238
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    Air Sakurai to expand their wings in Sri Lanka and beyond!



    Air Sakurai YS – 11 Aircraft will be arriving to Sri Lanka by the second week of December 2017.

    Officials of Air Sakurai said that they intend to carryout scheduled charter and cargo flights from Katunayaka, Ratmalana, Mattala, Batticaloa, Trinco and Jaffna Airports. YS – 11 is a 64 seater Aircraft.

    Further more the Airline mentioned that they are looking forward to offer their customers with the best price in the market. Air Sakurai is expecting to spread their wings by offering flights from Sri Lanka to India and Maldives in the near future.
    Great news for SriLankan Domestic Aviation!
    Hope to catch their inaugural domestic flight
    - Aaqib (FlyinColors/Airlines747)

  14. #9574
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    Good Move to Terminate GAN, Poor load factors being the cause
    I just had a look into UL's Flight Inventory System to see the upcoming changes in Summer 2018. I can see Kunming has been removed but Gan Island still online during Summer 2018.

    The frequency of flights to Muscat, Kochi and Jeddah are going to be increased by one day. SriLankan is reducing London flights to Seven weekly after operating upto 11 weekly in Winter 2017.

    SriLankan is taking delivery of 4th A321neo in March 2018 but i can't see much expansion during next summer. I wonder 4R-ANE & 4R-ANF are replacing the aircraft in the existing fleet. Must be 4R-ABL but wondering which second bird going to leave the UL fleet during next summer.

    Flight Schedule > http://www.airsrilanka.org/showthrea...ll=1#post16858

  15. #9575
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    I think all ex. Mihin aircraft are being painted into SriLankan livery. Today A321-200, 4R-MRD was inside the A320 hangar, probably going to be painted very soon.
    Hi Harsha & Haleef - Could you please tell us what's the latest update on 4R-MRD ? Is it being painted in SriLankan Livery ? any update on 4R-ALD ? I can't see both birds are flying since past few weeks.

  16. #9576
    4R-ANE is already in Colombo??

  17. #9577
    Quote Originally Posted by Srilankan1 View Post
    4R-ANE is already in Colombo??
    Yes it is.

  18. #9578
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Hi Harsha & Haleef - Could you please tell us what's the latest update on 4R-MRD ? Is it being painted in SriLankan Livery ? any update on 4R-ALD ? I can't see both birds are flying since past few weeks.
    Yes, it is being painted at the moment. Not sure about ALD.

  19. #9579


    Date: 4 - 8 December 2017

    Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka

    Venue: Hilton Colombo​ (Negotiations),
    Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall (Opening Ceremony)


    https://www.icao.int/Meetings/ICAN20...s/default.aspx

    http://www.caa.lk/index.php?option=c...74&Itemid=1615

  20. #9580
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Hi Harsha & Haleef - Could you please tell us what's the latest update on 4R-MRD ? Is it being painted in SriLankan Livery ? any update on 4R-ALD ? I can't see both birds are flying since past few weeks.
    Hi,
    4R-MRD is in the 320 hanger. Still in complete white but will be painted in SriLankan Livery in the upcoming weeks probably. 4R-ALD is undergoing C check in the 747 hanger.
    Last edited by Harsha777; 03-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts