Forum Rules + Election + Development Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Rules + Election + Development Ideas

Please share your Forum development ideas in this thread.

Please read the Forum Rules from : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules

Comment

I'm in the same position as you right now. I have my topic, though.

Here is my method, I'm not sure if it's working or not, so make of it what you will. I believe you should start with a very limited number of forums. 3-5 max. Doing so will allow those few to fill up faster, and I'd say the more "full" it looks, the more people who are likely to register and reply to your current content.

I don't see anything wrong with your proposed forums, there is nothing wrong with a variety in subjects of the forum. Infact, some of the largest, and most successful forums I have seen are very diverse in subject. Whether or not it's a good idea to diversify so early
      Get tons of informations about any domain and Whois Lookup
      http://www.whoisdomain.net/

Comment

Dear Whoisdomain.net - First of all I need to thank you for contributing in Sri Lanka Discussion Forum. This forum is not belong to any company, but it is an additional service of airsrilanka.org, which is a flight info unofficial-website of Colombo Bandaranike International Airport.

I highly appreciate your ideas to develop our forum. Yes, our forum provides wide-options to members to discuss. Lets see how it progress. Keep coming with your ideas.

Comment

Just over a year ago I purchased a vB license with a development idea in mind, due to time restrictions I have never been able to carry out this project.

I am now looking to setup a forum that targets a niche market or a market that has potential. A unique skin will be designed and implemented into the forum. All that’s needed now is a topic area for the forum; which is where I’m having a problem.
          Get tons of informations about any domain and Whois Lookup
          http://www.whoisdomain.net/

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

New to here

Hey just becoming a member, glad to be in! I'm glad to be right here lastly, going to post because I've been reading a extended time.

I've been concerned in some other forums and have identified this location to have considerably far better information, so it makes sense to ultimately post!

BTW where is the option to change the little picture thingy like some people have, I like it but can't figure it out haha

Comment

Some ideas to improve the forum:

- Enforce validation when members register themselves (like in other forums). Validation is when new members get an email which contains a validation link (which they must click in order to activate their membership). This will reduce the number of spam. Also making new members type in a 'unique code' before accepting membership will reduce spam. Seeing spam in the forums may put off new members who may otherwise contribute valuable information.

- You should also promote the forum more (especially in non aviation topics). Maybe speak to some of the other members of SSC and other Sri Lankan forums online. Ive already sent a PM to a couple of SSC members. There is a big demand for a Sri Lankan forum online that deals solely with infrastructure and development (since there is a lot of development projects in SL and since the govt doesnt provide much information about them). You just have to talk to the right people in the right forums.

Good luck
                Last edited by lordvader; 09-02-2011, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Please Create India Aviation - On International Aviation

Please Create Pakistan Aviation - On International Aviation
                  Last edited by Max; 09-05-2011, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                    Please Create India Aviation - On International Aviation

Please Create Pakistan Aviation - On International Aviation
                    Thanks Max !!

Comment

good stuff guys!

Comment

better if u can add a Reputation system.

Comment

About us

Air Sri Lanka Discussion forums,where professionals and amateurs come together to discuss the latest happenings in the*industry. Our Civil Aviation Forum is the only aviation forum in Sri Lanka and is a valuable resource for everyone with an interest in aviation.

Our Forum Website

Dec 2010 -

Mar 2011

Apr 2011

Comment

Forum Election

On Air Sri Lanka Forum, we believe the core moderators should come from the community, and be elected by the community itself through popular vote. We hold regular elections to determine who these community moderators will be.

Community moderators are accorded the highest level of privilege on our community, and should themselves be exemplars of positive behavior and leaders within the community.

Our general criteria for moderators are as follows:

patient and fair
                            leads by example
                            shows respect for their fellow community members in their actions and words
                            open to some light but firm moderation to keep the community on track and resolve (hopefully) uncommon disputes and exceptions

Every election has two phases:

Nomination
                            Election

Nominated Moderators of 2013 are :

Max
                            Srilankan1
                            umedhah

Please nominate the 2014's best Moderator for our forum!

After the election we will select two moderators with highest votes.
                            Last edited by banuthev; 21-05-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Umedhah

Comment

Working...
                              X