• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4R-SRD View Post
    Are they operating schedule flights ?
    Hi 4R-SRD

I will try to find out !

Is any airline interested in flying to Sri Lanka from France and Germany? SriLankan Airlines no longer serve CDG and FRA.

Also any possibilities Air Canada operating to Colombo? They recently launched Delhi.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Hi 4R-SRD

I will try to find out !

Is any airline interested in flying to Sri Lanka from France and Germany? SriLankan Airlines no longer serve CDG and FRA.

Also any possibilities Air Canada operating to Colombo? They recently launched Delhi.
      I wish LH commence direct flts from FRA after the absence of UL in europe . They can grab the whole market. Major problem is middle east airlines. They keep lowering air fares

Comment

Adria Airways A319 has been to Colombo today as JP693. Aircraft rego : S5-AAP

Colombo is becoming a hotspot for plane spotting.

Comment

Hi 4R-SRD

I will try to find out !

AC would not operate to CMB...Delhi/YYZ is over year old, they recently launched Delhi/YVR and they are launching BOM next year...Pax to CMB they handover to UL or W9. Most airline now prefer to operate to Indian Airport than CMB...due to the fact CMB is very expensive. Same goes to LH

Comment

• LH starting flights to Colombo would be another step in getting frequent and easy connections to The Americas. Lufthansa already operates a 744 and 748 from BOM to FRA and MUC. Air Canada has connections with Srilankan via Frankfurt. I hope they continue the codeshare through another destination (PEK, PVG, HKG, NRT etc)

Comment

• What's the airline that carries the most amount of Pax out of CMB after UL? EK or QR?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharen.Joachim View Post
                LH starting flights to Colombo would be another step in getting frequent and easy connections to The Americas. Lufthansa already operates a 744 and 748 from BOM to FRA and MUC. Air Canada has connections with Srilankan via Frankfurt. I hope they continue the codeshare through another destination (PEK, PVG, HKG, NRT etc)
                In my opinion Lufthansa or its subsidery airline should serve the flights between Germany and Colombo. Before Colombo Airport attack in 2001, UL used to serve 4 weekly on FRA-CMB, DE used to serve 2 weekly on FRA-CMB, 1 weekly MUC-CMB, 1 weekly DUS-CMB and 1 weekly TXL-CMB.

I think now LH can serve FRA-CMB with three weekly A330-300.

Comment

What's the airline that carries the most amount of Pax out of CMB after UL? EK or QR?
                  Other than ME3 I would say SQ and FZ

Comment

What's the airline that carries the most amount of Pax out of CMB after UL? EK or QR?
                    Emirates has 22 Weekly flights connecting CMB to DXB and a daily schedule from CMB to SIN with 5th freedom flights also to MLE en-route to DXB and vice-versa all on their 777's
                    While QR operated 3 flights per day operated on their A346 (total of 21 flights per week)

So basically EK has the highest yield flying in and out of CMB QR would come in second and AK would probably come in 3rd with 10 flights weekly, why AK would be in third is that they operate both A320's and A330's to CMB compared to MH which operate 10 flights themselves but on their 737-800's

Correct me if im wrong
                    -Aaqib Hussain
                    (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                    www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                      Emirates has 22 Weekly flights connecting CMB to DXB and a daily schedule from CMB to SIN with 5th freedom flights also to MLE en-route to DXB and vice-versa all on their 777's
                      While QR operated 3 flights per day operated on their A346 (total of 21 flights per week)

So basically EK has the highest yield flying in and out of CMB QR would come in second and AK would probably come in 3rd with 10 flights weekly, why AK would be in third is that they operate both A320's and A330's to CMB compared to MH which operate 10 flights themselves but on their 737-800's

Correct me if im wrong
                      EK is operating 27 weekly nonstop flights from DXB to CMB, 7 weekly flights DXB to CMB via MLE and 7 weekly flights from SIN to CMB . All onboard B777.

QR is operating 21 weekly from DOH to CMB with A346. QR also has a few all freighter service out of CMB.

FZ is operating 27 weekly from DXB to CMB with B737. Some of the inbound and outbound flights are via MLE and HRI.

SQ has 10 weekly A333 from SIN to CMB;

AK has 10 weekly from KUL to CMB operated by A320 or A333;

Comment

EK is operating 27 weekly nonstop flights from DXB to CMB, 7 weekly flights DXB to CMB via MLE and 7 weekly flights from SIN to CMB . All onboard B777.

QR is operating 21 weekly from DOH to CMB with A346. QR also has a few all freighter service out of CMB.

FZ is operating 27 weekly from DXB to CMB with B737. Some of the inbound and outbound flights are via MLE and HRI.

SQ has 10 weekly A333 from SIN to CMB;

AK has 10 weekly from KUL to CMB operated by A320 or A333;
                        Completely forgot about FZ and SQ's increase to 10 flights a week on their A333's
                        -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• How many carriers operate their 787's to CMB as of now?

QR did in the past for a short period of time and currently KLM and LOT utilize them
                          Anyone else?
                          -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                            How many carriers operate their 787's to CMB as of now?

QR did in the past for a short period of time and currently KLM and LOT utilize them
                            Anyone else?
                            Thomson Airways sends B787-8 to CMB from LGW every Tuesdays. Addionally Thomson Airways is going to operate B787-9 to CMB from Stockholm and Helsinki from December 2016.I didn't see LOT is flying CMB this Winter 2016. Any idea? Travel Service Airlines was sending a charter with B737 from Warsaw for Colombo via Bahrain few weeks ago. But the Travel Service Airlines B737 was diverted to MCT due to techinical issue and it didn't finally fly to CMB. All those passengers were sent from MCT to CMB onboard Oman Air. On that occasion, Oman Air was flying CMB with B787-8 to carry more Travel Service Airlines's passengers. Oman Air currently use B737 to CMB on their double daily flights.

Comment

LH starting flights to Colombo would be another step in getting frequent and easy connections to The Americas. Lufthansa already operates a 744 and 748 from BOM to FRA and MUC. Air Canada has connections with Srilankan via Frankfurt. I hope they continue the codeshare through another destination (PEK, PVG, HKG, NRT etc)
                              LH Operates MAA, BLR, BOM and DEL
                              This is 2016 and not early 2000...Indian airports have improved a lot and Jet Fuel price in CMB has gone up considerably
                              CMB is getting very uneconomical to operate...
                              AC is expanding Indian operation and Maxed out in DXB...so why does AC needs to codeshare with a oneworld partner UL

Comment

• Japan airlines 787-8 in Colombo

Comment

Working...
                                X