This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ruslan047910 View Post
    Question, The A320 Neo we received, what type of Engine we got? is it P&W or CFM LEAP?
    Two A320neos (4R-ANA & ANB) powered by CFM Leap. I will check what's the engine type for rest of the four A321neos. Any idea anyone

Comment

• SriLankan 2nd A320neo at Toulouse.

Credits: Spotter Aviation Pibracais
      Haleef Ismail
      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
        UL is going to take delivery of 1st A321neo in May this year. Wow
        Thanks Umedha for the news. whats your source please.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          ABM, ABN, ABO, ABP and ANA are the only A320 family aircraft which have PTV's onboard.

Hi LankaFlyer,

Please confirm if I am correct with the above statement. I think ABL, ABQ, ABR, MRD and MRE doesn't have PTVs.
          4R-ABQ AND 4R-ABR both have PTVs with AVOD (J & Y)- have flown with both of them around 2 years back

Please see below trip report on ULA321 posted on flight-report.com

http://http://flight-report.com/en/report/20696/SriLankan-Airlines-UL195-Colombo-CMB-New-Delhi-DEL

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
            Thanks Umedha for the news. whats your source please.
            Originally posted by Skyliner View Post
            current known delivery schedules for Sri Lankan A320/A321neo´s first half 2017 are:

first A320neo, msn 7486 will be in late January 2017
            second A320neo, msn 7535 in early March 2017
            first A321neo,msn 7663 in early May 2017
            second A321neo,msn 7697 in early June 2017

Anyone knows the alllocated regs already

All the best

Chris
            Hi Skyliner,

Please advise the delivery of 1st A321neo to SriLankan Airlines is still in the month of May 2017 ? does the assembly of MSN7663 going to be based at TLS or XFW ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
              Does anyone know what their NEW medium to long term fleet strategy is?

To me it appears:

1. Replace aging A32X with A32Xneo.
              2. Not replace the A332s coming out of lease and let the newer A333s to take their place.
              3. Continue to keep the new A333s in the fleet.

Appreciate if some light can be thrown.
              Cayman,

I think what you guess is almost correct. However UL have to lease 4/5 more aircraft when does the current leases for A332 expires in 2020-1. In the end of 2021, UL will have 12 x A32X and 7 x A333 so they need 4/5 additional aircraft for running the flights.

Any idea if A320neo have the range of doing CMB-HKG and CMB-JED nonstop flights without payload penalty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                Planning to fly CMB-COK this April on UL. Can anyone confirm me with type of aircraft I would be flying in, because over the past weeks I have been tracking and found out that UL is constantly shuffling it with A320/332 type airplanes. So in this case could anyone give me an educated guess on UL aircraft operationing type to COK on April this year would be.
                Thanks!!
                I will try if I can find out and let you know this weekend. In the mean time I would like to know if CMB-COK route making profit for UL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                  According to Airlineroute,

KLM increase the Amsterdam – Colombo service from 2 to 3 weekly, 787-9 service in 17 JAN 18 – 01MAR18
                  It shows peak season is giving good yields for KLM. Shame BA didn't consider doing nonstop to CMB from LHR. Could KLM be able to make in all seasons service to CMB? How does Austrian doing at CMB? UIA Ukraine Airlines has announced it will be operating all season two weekly KBP-CMB nonstop flights onboard B767.

Comment

Cayman,

I think what you guess is almost correct. However UL have to lease 4/5 more aircraft when does the current leases for A332 expires in 2020-1. In the end of 2021, UL will have 12 x A32X and 7 x A333 so they need 4/5 additional aircraft for running the flights.

Any idea if A320neo have the range of doing CMB-HKG and CMB-JED nonstop flights without payload penalty?
                    Based on the range specifications from Airbus Industrie, I believe that both the 320NEO and 321NEO should be able to fly both CMB-HKG and CMB-JED non-stop, easily (without any sort of payload penalty)... but I'm not an expert.
                    I'm a bit confused about UL's fleet plans, though... From what I understand - as of April 2017, there will be 2 brand new 320s (ANA and ANB), 4 relatively new 320s (ABM-ABP), 2 medium-aged 321s (ABQ and ABR) and 7 new 333s (ALL-ALR), along with 2 ageing 320s (ABL and MRE), 1 ageing 321 (MRD), 2 ageing 332s (ALH and ALJ) and 4 very old 332s (ALA-ALD). I've been assuming that the 4 brand new 321s (being delivered between May 2017 and January 2018) will be replacing the oldest 332s (ALA-ALD); and, I believe that the GOSL also agreed (during the cancellation of the 350 orders) to take another brand new 333 from AerCap in the near future. So, am I correct in thinking that, by early 2018, UL will have 25 aircraft in total (10 wide-bodies and 15 narrow-bodies)? [Note - I believe that ABQ and ABR have been leased until 2020, and that the lease for ALH from AerCap has been extended as part of the deal to cancel the 350 orders... but I don't know if ABL, MRE, MRD and ALJ are going to leave the fleet in the near future].
                    I look forward to any clarifications/corrections.
                    Last edited by quickingleyero; 02-03-2017, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                      Does anyone know what their NEW medium to long term fleet strategy is?

To me it appears:

1. Replace aging A32X with A32Xneo.
                      2. Not replace the A332s coming out of lease and let the newer A333s to take their place.
                      3. Continue to keep the new A333s in the fleet.

Appreciate if some light can be thrown.
                      Planning? Strategy? There's nothing like that at UL.

People are still making the mistake of looking at UL like it is a business.

Nothing about UL resembles a business in any way - which is one of the reasons they can't/won't find a buyer.

Aircraft orders are all about pocketing commissions - nothing more.

Don't expect anything from the GOSL - they can't even provide electricity to the people of the country.
                      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Cayman,

Thanks Banu.

As for the A320neo, in the 150 seat configuration (which UL appears to have) the typical range is 3,700nm. According to GCM HKG is 2,200nm and JED 2,600nm. Both destinations should be operable without penalty.

Comment

I will try if I can find out and let you know this weekend. In the mean time I would like to know if CMB-COK route making profit for UL?
                          I don't know whether they make profits or not but then what I know is that the round trip ticket costs USD 219. But then in the current state of affairs I guess they seem to make no profit on any route.
                          BTW the CMB-DAC tickets are surprisingly high priced. Could remember flying that route and a ticket cost me a wallet busting USD 420 on MJ.

Comment

Cant they be able to refurbish the cabins of A330-200 and use them on routes like Gulf, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia etc.. UL better upgrade the MCT, AUH, LHE, BOM from A320 to A332.

I think new A320/321neos are replacing the A321/320 in the current fleet. If I'm not mistaken, as of April 17, UL will have 2 x A320neo, 6 x A320ceo, 3 x A321ceo, 6 x A332, and 7 x A333. I can notice MRC and ABK had been removed from fleet and MRF leaving the fleet in March 17.

Spookyflyer - do you know when does the lease expires for UL A332 fleet?

4R-ALA hasn't flown since mid-January... is it undergoing checks, or is it being removed from the fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by quickingleyero View Post
                              4R-ALA hasn't flown since mid-January... is it undergoing checks, or is it being removed from the fleet?
                              Hi Rahal - Do you know why 4R-ALA hasn't flown for past several weeks ?

Comment

Hi Rahal - Do you know why 4R-ALA hasn't flown for past several weeks ?
                                hi banuthev,

4R-ALA is undergoing a major C check

Comment

Working...
                                X