This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
    Just contacted Maldivian Airlines GSA here in Colombo, the First flight from RML will be scheduled for the 28th of March,scheduled to be operated 3 times a week utilizing their Bombardier Dash8 Q300, seating 50pax
    Good news and thanks for posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
      Right now, there's a large Indian & Maldivian community living and working in Lanka, and a lot of them live along the wellawatte, dehiwala, mount Lavinia stretch. My thinking is that this is for them.
      Beyond the Indian community in Colombo. Colombo South (Bambalapitiya, Wellawatte, Dehiwala, Mount Lavinia and Soysapura) has a significant Sri Lankan Tamil population. So it's better, if they can use that opportunity to cater them with some south Indian cities especially like MAA (Chennai). They can ask Air India Express, SpiceJet or Jet Airways since all of them have regional aircrafts which can be landed at RML.

Good move of converting RML to a regional airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
        Some rumors.... She is going to get Air Ceylon livery.... Not 100% confirmed...
        I heard that SriLankan A321 (4R-MRD) will be painted in Air Ceylon livery in June/July 2017 for 70 years celebrations.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          I heard that SriLankan A321 (4R-MRD) will be painted in Air Ceylon livery in June/July 2017 for 70 years celebrations.
          That's a good news 😀
          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Wow that's soo nice!!

Comment

• Can someone please let me know if there is an air travel demand from Colombo to Hydrabad?

Comment

If I am not mistaken, most of the IXM passengers are flying to CMB to take transit for Gulf and Far East flights. Better idea is MAA-RML.

I am very surprised, Expo Aviation of Sri Lanka had a ATR in their fleet. Why didn't fly MLE, MAA, TRZ flights from RML ?

Cant they be able to extend the RML runway towards land-side to accommodate A320/B737?

Waste of money building an airport in HRI. SLgov must have build the second runway for CMB and improve the RML to the standard to handle regional flights.

More than the Runway, the problem I have heard is the Parliament complex. It's on the direct flight path, 05 miles away from the runway.
                They can lineup turbo props, without flying over the complex but a jet liner will be a problem

Comment

• Originally posted by csilva_lk View Post
                  More than the Runway, the problem I have heard is the Parliament complex. It's on the direct flight path, 05 miles away from the runway.
                  They can lineup turbo props, without flying over the complex but a jet liner will be a problem
                  Parliament will not be in the "direct flight path" on a perceived ILS approach on 22. It is about 1 mile Northwest of the flight path.

It may intrude on the exclusion zone though. I am not sure of the size of no-fly zone around the parliament.

Comment

Aren't they gonna lease return that plane before that. What's going on, so is UL planning to absorb that plane to their fleet. It may be nice to see an air Ceylon retro livery around but then I heard these ex-MJ airplanes are leased at a highly inflated rate.

Comment

Hope , they will do one in Air Lanka colour scheme as well !

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
                        Hope , they will do one in Air Lanka colour scheme as well !
                        I see no reason why an airline on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled spend money on retro livery.

From an aviation enthusiasts point, yes, I get the urge, but once you take a pragmatic view of it, it was never like both Air Ceylon and Air Lanka were the proud achievements of the nation to celebrate.

Under both guises they just burned through the precious little money the country had, which otherwise would have been spent on programs that would have been beneficial to masses.

Comment

yup I heard people say MRD will be painted in Air Ceylon and MRE will be painted on AirLanka livery for 70 year celebrations. Or both Air Ceylon and AirLanka logos will be painted in the belly. Not 100% confirmed yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                            Aren't they gonna lease return that plane before that. What's going on, so is UL planning to absorb that plane to their fleet. It may be nice to see an air Ceylon retro livery around but then I heard these ex-MJ airplanes are leased at a highly inflated rate.
                            don't know about the lease rates, but both MRD and MRE will be acquired by UL and fly around another 2 years or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
                              don't know about the lease rates, but both MRD and MRE will be acquired by UL and fly around another 2 years or so.
                              So, which ex-Mihin Airbus is in neutral livery (white paint)?

Comment

• Sri Lankan Airlines proposes to operate Coimbatore-Colombo flights from July 15

Sri Lankan Airlines is planning to operate four flights per week from Coimbatore to Colombo starting July 15. This will be the third international carrier flying out of the Coimbatore airport, after Air Arabia (to Sharjah) and Silk Air (to Singapore).

Director of Coimbatore Airport G Prakash Reddy confirmed to TOI that Sri Lankan Airlines has proposed to operate flights from the Coimbatore to Colombo from July 15. "The flight will operate on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. The incoming flight from Colombo will arrive at 2.35pm, and it will depart for Colombo at 3.35pm," Reddy said.

Prakash Reddy on Wednesday held a meeting with the senior officials, including customs and immigration officials, to discuss the possibilities of operating a Sri Lankan Airlines flight to Colombo. Manager of government affairs, India, and a representative of Sri Lankan Airlines, Hardip Pal Singh, participated in the meeting.
                                Source : http://m.timesofindia.com/city/coimb...w/57672437.cms

Comment

Working...
                                X