Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R66 Robinson - newest member to the Cosmos Aviation

Comment

Is a mechanical engineer(BSc eng) can work as a AME. if not is there are any jobs in aviation field to a mechanical engineer.

Comment

To be an Aircraft Maintenance licensed Technician, you should have to complete the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course (2 1/2 yrs) undergoing by the EASA 147 organization & gain 2 yrs work experience undergoing by the EASA 145 org .. This is the basic mandatory EASA requirement. After that you can proceed your carrier upto AME with your academic qualifications(Related degree) + work experiences.

Comment

For the Mech. Engineer - They have to gain certain work experiences (required by the employer ) + AME license.

Comment

I did my A/L's this year and hope to do Aeronautical Engineering. what is the best place to do Aeronautical Engineering in Srilanka???

Comment

i'm currently studying a mechanical engineering (BSc Hons.) degree and i just want to know is there any path for me to be a flight engineer in the future,,?
              In sri lankan Airlines do they only have aircraft maintenance ..? don't they have mechanical engineering jobs..?
              please help me on this...Thank you.

Comment

currently i'm working as a flight coordinator (ROTL) position in srilankan airlines. And i want to dig more in aviation field by expanding my knowledge along with experience.i searched about courses in srilankanin Aviation management and other courses which i can get a good knowledge. sadly not much available in srilanka. some are not that much professional though. Even Aviation management course doing by srilankan is also not an international recognized one as i saw. so i choose a Transportation and logistics course at CINEC. it's a UK qualified one. but i doubt will it be useful for me or not.

need help on this... i want your opinions regarding this matter to choose a good education path.

Comment

Originally posted by randeer View Post
                  currently i'm working as a flight coordinator (ROTL) position in srilankan airlines. And i want to dig more in aviation field by expanding my knowledge along with experience.i searched about courses in srilankanin Aviation management and other courses which i can get a good knowledge. sadly not much available in srilanka. some are not that much professional though. Even Aviation management course doing by srilankan is also not an international recognized one as i saw. so i choose a Transportation and logistics course at CINEC. it's a UK qualified one. but i doubt will it be useful for me or not.

need help on this... i want your opinions regarding this matter to choose a good education path.
                  as far as i know you got plenty of courses available at srilankan airlines and in srilanka thats the only way you can get .the course you are currently doing is not.directly involved with aviation.

Comment

Originally posted by suganya07 View Post
                    as far as i know you got plenty of courses available at srilankan airlines and in srilanka thats the only way you can get .the course you are currently doing is not.directly involved with aviation.
                    first i chose Aviation management. so i searched about it. there are two main aviation mgt coures in lk. one by srilankan and one by another private institute.

As far as i searched in srilankan mgt course it's not a international qualification. it's more like a local qualification given by joining with CILTSL. and the other thing is we need 5yrs exp to enter that. i don't think who is in aviation field in 5 yrs won't need a that kind of diploma. they should go for a higher education than that.

second one is a HND in aviation mgt given by a private institute. it's not that much good asi heard from the ppl who did it.

then i moved in to Tourism management. it's also totally a different path.

then i found this transportation and logistics which is doing by CINEC along with CILT uk. which is internationally qualified one.

since i'm not involving with cargo operations much i doubt it will also mismatch with my career path.

Comment

SriLankan’s Aviation Academy doing nicely

SriLankan Airlines’ International Aviation Academy (IAA) has been an IATA authorized training Centre for more than a decade and its recent performance as  IATA’s prestigious World’s best ( premier circle ) and Asia’s best training institute for  three consecutive years  resulted  in its appointment as IATA’s Regional Training Partner (RTP) from year 2014.

This recognition endorses IAA’s already established image as the best professional aviation training institute of the country that is on par with the internationally recognized training institutes, a Sri Lankan news release said.

"IAA had successfully and completed its first RTP program `IATA/ Advanced Airline Marketing’ recently, at its state-of-the-art training facility in Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake with the participation of 25 aviation industry professionals."

This program was facilitated by IATA’s international instructor Mr. Cheong Chen Lucky from Singapore, who has over three decades of experience in aviation marketing and management as a senior manager and consultant of many airlines.

This program was well received by the participants as a novel experience and a wealth of knowledge opening them to international training in aviation.  Participants who followed it also have the opportunity of qualifying for IATA’s prestigious Airline Business Development Diploma Program and Harvard Mange Mentor programs, the release said.

"IATA-RTP status opens a new avenue for professionals in Sri Lankan aviation industry to follow many high quality international aviation training programs at an affordable price, with the luxury of following these programs in their own country. IAA’s aim of offering these programs is to contribute to the manpower and professional development of country’s booming aviation sector while providing a platform for developing international aviation training hub in Sri Lanka by attracting foreign participants to the country. This will contribute to the government’s vision of developing the country as aviation and knowledge hub in Asia," it added.

IATA’s Advanced Train the Trainer program commenced on November 17 with the participation of 25 aviation training professionals including international participants from Cambodia, India,  Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Dubai.

"Also in the pipeline are an array of advanced international aviation programs in the coming year to cater to the training requirements in the aviation industry locally and internationally. IAA, with its region’s best aviation training center status is aiming to attract more foreign and local industry partners for these programs," SriLankan said.

The International Aviation Academy (IAA) of SriLankan Airlines has been a pioneering training body in South Asia that also has received recognition from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), as one of the World’s Top Ten Authorised Aviation Training Centres of its 2013 Premier Circle – an assessment made on the evaluation of 440 aviation training centres in 90 countries.

Comment

**SriLankan Aviation College opened

Comment

*Good News *

The 2nd brand new A330 - 300 will depart Toulouse in France as UL 1206 on the 19th Dec 2014 on its delivery voyage to land at BIA.
                          Haleef Ismail
                          www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Aviation Club holds inaugural workshop

The inaugural workshop organized by the Aviation Club was held on Monday (December 22) at the Katunayake Sri Lankan International Aviation Academy (IAA). The main focus of the society was to provide knowledge on airlines as well as related skills development to those interested in the field of aviation. Lectures to the attendees were given by Arjuna Kapugeekiyana, Production Planning Manager of SriLankan Airlines, Bandula Weragama, Senior Manager SriLankan Airlines and Buddhika Hewawasam, the Deputy General Manager of IAA.

Plans to hold seminars as well as exhibitions aimed at school students of urban and rural areas by the Aviation Academy of IAA is also currently in the pipelines.

SriLankan Airlines has gone great lengths to provide knowledge on aviation technology through creative projects to the students of the academy. The company has also worked tirelessly to promote the field of aviation among the general public, with special focus on youth. - See more at: http://www.nation.lk/edition/biz-new....ASjrePn2.dpuf
                            The Nation is a online Newspaper and magazine with Google CSE based search engine. Latest news updates, Finance, Sports, Lifestyle, Technology, Health, Motoring...

Comment

Hi guys
                              Could anyone give me some advice with regrads to the EASA exams.
                              Im planning to sit for the EASA exams and hopefully complete it within a year.
                              Currently Lanka Pacific Academy offers the EASA modules but their exam fees are quite high last time I checked it was around 28,000.
                              But if I do it overseas maybe in Dubai or Kuala Lampur where it is done by CAA international the fee is 85 GBP, which is almost half of what LPAA is charging. Their exam schedules are already listed till the end of next year another advantage.
                              My question is would it be more cost effective if I do it overseas rather than doing it in Sri Lanka?

Comment

Hi everyone, I am an undergraduate who is currently studying on a HND in mechanical engineering. Once if I finish my HND is there a way for me to get into aeronautical engineering???

Comment

Working...
                                X