This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
    ME3 and via LHR are the most convenient. The others while do-able might not be to everyone's taste.
    looks like you haven't traveled between North America and South Asia
    try doing a booking between YOW and CMB on Srilankan.com web site and let me know the transit time

Are you aware LHR Airport Tax is one of the highest in Europe?

There has been talk about going double daily to London again but with the current management/government changing their mind every month on what to do it's anybody's guess whether it will happen.
    double daily that's a wishful thinking UL has sold some of the slots??? that was the previous managment

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
      SriLankan A320neo performed its first flight today nearly 1 hour ago at Germany. She will be landing in another 1 hours time today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
        try doing a booking between YOW and CMB on Srilankan.com web site and let me know the transit time
        Second tier cities always have lengthy connections, not just for CMB, typically for most places. Try YYZ for better connections.

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
        Really? Airport tax is the criteria for selecting a flight. For the most people it would be safety, schedule and airfare in that order or any other order. (I understand that airfare comprise the Airport tax, but that makes a very insignificant difference in the real world)

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
        double daily that's a wishful thinking UL has sold some of the slots??? that was the previous managment
        Agree, that was not a very prudent decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
          Second tier cities always have lengthy connections, not just for CMB, typically for most places. Try YYZ for better connections.
          yes & have you tried YYZ or YUL on srilankan.com

originating flights are all red eye and long layover for the connection

by the way Ottawa - Gatineau is the 4 - 5 largest city in Canada with over 6000 diplomats/160 Embassies, the Feds & Canadian Silicon Valley (Pop 1.35 Million)

it is not a second tier City...you must getting confused with Canberra in AU

Ottawa has very good connection to any European/US/Asian/Latin American destination with less than 2 - 3 hour connection from Toronto/Montreal/London/Frankfurt/New Jersey/Philadelphia/Chicago on a SINGLE airline

Really? Airport tax is the criteria for selecting a flight. For the most people it would be safety, schedule and airfare in that order or any other order. (I understand that airfare comprise the Airport tax, but that makes a very insignificant difference in the real world)
          airport tax is part of the airfare...which adds up...compared to CDG and FRA

Agree, that was not a very prudent decision.
          Hmmm...
          Last edited by Speedbird; 10-02-2017, 01:32 AM.

Comment

They have EK, EY, QR, CX, SQ, JL(connecting to UL in NRT), KW just off the top of my head. Though admittedly I'm not sure how the timing is for connections on some of these carriers. But there are plenty of airlines to choose from.
            Connection through NRT is not popular and expensive too.It is the same for CX

Comment

I have actually though it was on EK.

BTW YOW is a bad example to try and show connections between South Asia and North America. While it's not a second tier city it also doesn't have as much demand as say YYZ or YUL. Those are amply served

Doesn't mean that it isn't used as a transit point on a daily basis.

Alot of UL's future planning is wishful thinking. I just mentioned an idea that was floated around last year. And if they are really serious they can always try to lease the slots to operate a flight

Comment

• Speedbird here's the article: http://archives.sundayobserver.lk/2016/10/09/bus24.asp

Comment

I know talk is cheap

Comment

I have actually though it was on EK.

BTW YOW is a bad example to try and show connections between South Asia and North America. While it's not a second tier city it also doesn't have as much demand as say YYZ or YUL. Those are amply served
                    Please read my previous response...it is same for YYZ and YUL

by the way you are aware that EK has only 3 flights per WEEK for Canada

Doesn't mean that it isn't used as a transit point on a daily basis.
                    there is a cost even for transit...tax is wrong term i used

Alot of UL's future planning is wishful thinking. I just mentioned an idea that was floated around last year. And if they are really serious they can always try to lease the slots to operate a flight
                    ...talk is cheap my friend
                    Last edited by Speedbird; 10-02-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                      Connection through NRT is not popular and expensive too.It is the same for CX
                      It was a big mistake to drop CDG and FRA...lets hope that KLM or AF fill in the gap...Try LH and you will be surprised

Comment

Please read my previous response...it is same for YYZ and YUL

by the way you are aware that EK has only 3 flights per WEEK for Canada
                        Yes but ealier since you mentioned North America in general EK is still quite a good option.

...talk is cheap my friend
                        Indeed. Just wanted to provide a source for what I posted earlier.

Comment

• Thank you!
                          Haleef Ismail
                          www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                            Air France earlier this week opened reservation for planned service to Maldives, announced by the airline on Monday. From 01NOV17, the Skyteam member plans to operate Paris CDG – Male route twice a week, with 3-class Boeing 777-200ER aircraft.

AF222 CDG2050 – 1020+1MLE 772 36
                            AF223 MLE1305 – 1935CDG 772 47

//. I think it's high time AF starts to cmb as UL doesn't fly to CDG
                            AF can thank UL for giving away this traffic to them. It looks like as a result of UL dropping Paris, AF have stepped in to fill the void left for the Maldives market.
                            Maldives is way more higher yielding than Sri Lanka in general, so it makes more sense that AF go there.

Comment

• The first flight of 4R-ANA

SriLankan_A320neo_4R-ANA_20170209_HAM-1

SriLankan_A320neo_4R-ANA_20170209_HAM-2

Captured By - Dirk Grothe

Comment

Working...
                              X