This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    I thought UL have ordered seven A350 not eight because they are leasing three A350 on lease from Aercap and four A350 on direct order from Airbus. If Iam not mistaken UL will be taking delivery of UL#3 (A350/MSN60) in early 2017 may be they will delay UL#1 & #2 (MSN52/55) until late 2017. Still MSN52/55 not spotted in TLS assembly line yet.
    Parts for UL #1 (MSN 52) are now in Toulouse and will move to body join position in the coming days.

We only need UL to take the first three frames MSN 52, 55 and 60, all frame sections are now built for these three frames. UL can then cancel or delay the remaining 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedbirdFlyer View Post
      They may extend the lease agreement for a couple of years. If they expect to shed their vanity routes, I don't think they need A350s in their fleet near future. Can somebody confirm whether UL summer sked 2016 has been uploaded or not.........
      Don't you think UL better take delivery of those three A350 on lease from Aercap? A350 is a better equipment than A333 for LHR, FRA and NRT routes. But UL doesn't need more than three A350s so they better convert those direct orders of 4/5 A350 airframes to A321s which can be used well on increasing the capacity on South Asia, Far East and Middle East Market.

Sorry to say but UL better cancel flights to CDG and FCO and keep only daily flights to LHR onboard A350 and 4 weekly flights to FRA onboard A350. With a cancellation of CDG/FCO flights, UL better expand the frequency with daily flights to NRT, PEK, PVG, HKG. Also UL better expand by operating double daily flights to KWI, DMM, RUH, JED and increase more flights Indian cities and launch new indian destinations in Goa, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and new destination like Islamabad in Pakistan onboard A321. UL better do the fleet planning to use A350/A333s mostly on long-haul routes.

I will post the Summer 2016 update soon.

Comment

Don't you think UL better take delivery of those three A350 on lease from Aercap? A350 is a better equipment than A333 for LHR, FRA and NRT routes. But UL doesn't need more than three A350s so they better convert those direct orders of 4/5 A350 airframes to A321s which can be used well on increasing the capacity on South Asia, Far East and Middle East Market.

Sorry to say but UL better cancel flights to CDG and FCO and keep only daily flights to LHR onboard A350 and 4 weekly flights to FRA onboard A350. With a cancellation of CDG/FCO flights, UL better expand the frequency with daily flights to NRT, PEK, PVG, HKG. Also UL better expand by operating double daily flights to KWI, DMM, RUH, JED and increase more flights Indian cities and launch new indian destinations in Goa, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and new destination like Islamabad in Pakistan onboard A321. UL better do the fleet planning to use A350/A333s mostly on long-haul routes.

I will post the Summer 2016 update soon.
        Well my view would be let UL take all 359...and add YYZ (EK, QR and EY are all restricted to YYZ/YUL) first and LAX 2 years later. On medium haul add TPE, MNL, NBO, SGN and MRU on Short haul reactivate GOI, HYD, AMD, ISB and RGN...but First reduce the staff level by 25%.

Stay out of competitive routes and move into greenfield routes

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
          Parts for UL #1 (MSN 52) are now in Toulouse and will move to body join position in the coming days.

We only need UL to take the first three frames MSN 52, 55 and 60, all frame sections are now built for these three frames. UL can then cancel or delay the remaining 5.
          The first is in Parts arriving at TLS and the next two frames are close behind, parts for their third have been seen. MSN52 fuselage sections have been spotted in Station 59 yesterday. So 52 into FAL next week and 60 early March ?

We will see what happens !

Comment

• Showing UL 1205 (A343) flying from Colombo to Malta early January 22.

It's on my company's flight schedule (Hifly) so looks like we will be taking delivery of this aircraft. Is it 4R-ADF?
            Last edited by ejanson65; 21-01-2016, 11:18 AM. Reason: added text
            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
              Showing UL 1205 (A343) flying from Colombo to Malta early January 22.

It's on my company's flight schedule (Hifly) so looks like we will be taking delivery of this aircraft. Is it 4R-ADF?
              Ejanson,It must be 4R-ADE leaving CMB this week because 4R-ADF is currently undergoing end-of-lease checks in the CMB-Hangar. I heard before European firm going to take over 4R-ADE/4R-ADF. Could you please share 4R-ADE pictures when it reach your place? Are you going to fly 4R-ADE to Malta?

Comment

It must be 4R-ADE leaving CMB this week.
                Today around 5.40pm they powered up 4R-ADE. Saw it on FR24 at B747 hanger area.

Comment

• Saudia Flight 780 operating by Boeing 777-368(ER) aircraft. So they have started to dispatch Boeing 777 on this route from today?

Comment

• Aircraft purchases add to Sri Lanka financial burden, says Eran

Sri Lankan Airlines has 143 billion rupees (1.07 billion dollars) in capital commitments for the purchase of four A350-900 aircraft over the next few years.

Eight aircraft have been contracted for purchase over the next few years, with two likely to be delivered this year, he said. In total, six A330-300s and four A350-900 aircraft have been contracted for delivery between 2014 and 2021.

Read the full article on Lanka Business Online

Comment

Ejanson,It must be 4R-ADE leaving CMB this week because 4R-ADF is currently undergoing end-of-lease checks in the CMB-Hangar. I heard before European firm going to take over 4R-ADE/4R-ADF. Could you please share 4R-ADE pictures when it reach your place? Are you going to fly 4R-ADE to Malta?
                      I am on days off - I would have loved to do this flight. Aircraft will be all white with a 9H registration.

I guess we'll be getting 4R-ADF next.

I'm doing a contract in Australia - not sure if we will get one of these aircraft out there.
                      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                        Saudia Flight 780 operating by Boeing 777-368(ER) aircraft. So they have started to dispatch Boeing 777 on this route from today?
                        It's just one or two Saudia flights to CMB will be operated onboard B777-368(ER) this month but rest of their flights will be operated utilising B747-400 until 28-Mar 2016. Thereafter Saudia flying Colombo onboard B777-200/ER and in the peak travel season B777-300 (ER).

In the past Saudia did use B777-300 (ER) to Colombo too : http://www.panoramio.com/photo/91335697

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                          Aircraft purchases add to Sri Lanka financial burden, says Eran

Sri Lankan Airlines has 143 billion rupees (1.07 billion dollars) in capital commitments for the purchase of four A350-900 aircraft over the next few years.

Eight aircraft have been contracted for purchase over the next few years, with two likely to be delivered this year, he said. In total, six A330-300s and four A350-900 aircraft have been contracted for delivery between 2014 and 2021.

Read the full article on Lanka Business Online
                          I would say purchases of those seven new A330-300s and three new A350-900s are not a bad decision. UL must need a new widebody aircraft fleet for long haul flights. Since UL inducted the new fleet, passengers have started loving fly onboard UL : http://www.airlinequality.com/airlin...nkan-airlines/ .

UL is bleeding loss due to several stupid decisions by the previous government cronies e.g. who were using UL metals to fly presidential entourages and empty flights via HRI. So no wonder UL at the status of loss. UL has to focus more on the customer care, good product standard and reduce the unneccessary staff level as Mr.Speedbird said in the earlier posts. UL better increase more self-checkin machines at CMB. I am sure UL has a great potential if it's been managed by the good people.

I seriously hate UL planning to downsize the network by cancelling direct flights to FRA, CDG and FCO but it's difficult for UL at this stage to compete against ME3. I want UL to continue operating LHR and FRA route and cancel mainly FCO and CDG if need be. Due to limited wide body aircraft fleet, UL has to cancel some of the European flights if they need to expand on profitable destinations like NRT, PEK, PVG etc.. with daily flights. (http://www.economynext.com/Sri_Lanka...15-3-3896.html)

It's a good news Europe-Sri Lanka travel market have started boomming and we have seen several European Airlines like : Austrian Airlines, Italy's Neos Air, LOT Polish, Ukraine International Airlines, Russia's Azur Air have been started operating once a week charter flights to Colombo for Winter 2015. But I want UL to expand more frequency of flights to LHR and FRA and cancel rest of the European destinations. Operating half-hearted 3/4 weekly flights doesn't help. Very soon UL has to plan launching direct flights to YYZ via FRA.

Comment

I am on days off - I would have loved to do this flight. Aircraft will be all white with a 9H registration.

I'm doing a contract in Australia - not sure if we will get one of these aircraft out there.
                            UL1205, 4R-ADE Flight Information - 22-JAN-2016

CMB Departure : 04:00
                            MLA Arrival : 10:00

Good bye 4R-ADE ! Thanks for your service !

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

New Bitmap Image

Comment

Whos piloting the a/c?? UL pilots or ferry pilots?

Took off

​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                                Whos piloting the a/c?? UL pilots or ferry pilots?

Took off

https://www.flightradar24.com/ALK1205/898b748
                                I see it's almost there.

Don't know who's flying - normally if the flight shows up on the company timetable it is being flown by Hifly. This may be different.

Showing a local test flight Feb 01 and a ferry from Malta to Lisbon Feb 03.

Comment

Working...
                                X