This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XFW-Spotter View Post
    p&w engines problem it as with the A320neos.
    I thought UL ordered CFM LEAP.

Comment

• Is it true UL going to get another A330 ? Any details?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Is it true UL going to get another A330 ? Any details?
        As per @airpotwebcams UL getting another A332 from Hi Fly. Will be 4R-ALS

​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
          As per @airpotwebcams UL getting another A332 from Hi Fly. Will be 4R-ALS

https://twitter.com/aviationsource/s...40849008795649
          Thanks umedha. As far I know, HiFly does only Wet leasing and Charter. Are you sure CS-TFZ for UL ? UL doesn't wetlease or charter widebody aircraft unless they have serious aircraft shortage. Last time UL wetleased an A300 and B767 few years ago. UL already looking at offloading 3 x A333s but there is a rumour UL may get another A330 from ILFC as they agreed during A350 cancellation.

Comment

Thanks umedha. As far I know, HiFly does only Wet leasing and Charter. Are you sure CS-TFZ for UL ? UL doesn't wetlease or charter widebody aircraft unless they have serious aircraft shortage. Last time UL wetleased an A300 and B767 few years ago. UL already looking at offloading 3 x A333s but there is a rumour UL may get another A330 from ILFC as they agreed during A350 cancellation.
            Not sure to be honest Banu. Airportwebcam twitter has posted it. It says possible UL
            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

Not sure to be honest Banu. Airportwebcam twitter has posted it. It says possible UL
              Can anyone confirm if any A330 going to be painted in SriLankan livery at Cambridge Airport anytime soon. I am thinking to visit Cambridge to take photos. Thank you.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if any A330 going to be painted in SriLankan livery at Cambridge Airport anytime soon. I am thinking to visit Cambridge to take photos. Thank you.
                Cheers Banu I will keep you posted
                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

There will be another 330 joining UL fleet. 4R-ALS. Unable to fully disclose the details.

Comment

• Hope for the best
                    Last edited by Air>Ceylon; 18-04-2017, 02:45 PM. Reason: add a comment

Comment

• Srilankan Airlines get another A330-200 (4R-ALS)

Srilankan Airlines get another A330-200 (4R-ALS)

Construction Number - (MSN) 1008
                      Age - 8.1 Years

Currently at Cambridge for paint, Probably to be transferred once the paint job complete
                      Attached Files

Comment

You're correct. I have spoken to Aircraft Maintenance Facility which based at Cambridge. They confirmed that the A332 ( MSN1008/CS-TFZ ) is for SriLankan Airlines. Paintwork is expecting to complete on 29-APR. I am going to Cambridge to take photos after its been painted. Any idea If 4R-ALS is a replacement or addition to SriLankan fleet?

Comment

You're correct. I have spoken to Aircraft Maintenance Facility which based at Cambridge. They confirmed that the A332 ( MSN1008/CS-TFZ ) is for SriLankan Airlines. Paintwork is expecting to complete on 29-APR. I am going to Cambridge to take photos after its been painted. Any idea If 4R-ALS is a replacement or addition to SriLankan fleet?
                          I think it's replacing 4R-ALA
                          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Originally posted by ULAirways View Post
                            Srilankan Airlines get another A330-200 (4R-ALS)

Construction Number - (MSN) 1008
                            Age - 8.1 Years

Currently at Cambridge for paint, Probably to be transferred once the paint job complete
                            It's probably the extra aircraft UL took on from Aercap to get rid of the 350s

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                              It's probably the extra aircraft UL took on from Aercap to get rid of the 350s
                              Another long-range wide-body 8 years old aircraft for UL fleet, Guys what are the pros & cons of this new addition?

Comment

I think it's replacing 4R-ALA
                                Oh ok. When does the 4R-ALA expecting to be returned to the lessor ?

Comment

Working...
                                X