This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
    EK will start flights , FROM CMB to MEL in OCTOBER 2018. Daily !
    Sorry, it is OCT 2017.

Comment

Sorry, it is OCT 2017.
      Whats your news source dear friend?

Comment

• Sri Lanka to sign air service agreement with Canada

The Sri Lankan Cabinet of Ministers Tuesday has approved the signing of an air services agreement with Canada.

Although a large number of expatriate Sri Lankans are living in Canada, currently there is no air services agreement operating between the two countries

Signing of an air services agreement aims to provide facilities to promote trade and tourism between the two countries.

The Cabinet of Ministers has granted approval to a proposal put forward by the Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation Nimal Siripala de Silva to sign the proposed air services agreement officially agreed to formalize air services between Sri Lanka and Canada and to implement the provisions in the agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
          Sri Lanka to sign air service agreement with Canada
          , currently there is no air services agreement operating between the two countries

Signing of an air services agreement aims to provide facilities to promote trade and tourism between the two countries.
          Is it profitable UL serving CMB-LHR-YTZ or CMB-FRA-YTZ with 4 weekly A330-300?
          is AC not interested in doing seasonal flights to CMB?

Comment

• Guys i've read a news about Airbus is going to donate (I'm not sure about that) 24 helicopter for Sri Lanka for air ambulance purposes.. is it true?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
              Is it profitable UL serving CMB-LHR-YTZ or CMB-FRA-YTZ with 4 weekly A330-300?
              is AC not interested in doing seasonal flights to CMB?
              At the current financial situation. I have my doubts about the the viability...even badly managed airlines like PIA and AI makes money on that routes. But UL does not have any cash or capital for that investment

AC is not interested...they are happy with DEL and DXB

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                At the current financial situation. I have my doubts about the the viability...even badly managed airlines like PIA and AI makes money on that routes. But UL does not have any cash or capital for that investment

AC is not interested...they are happy with DEL and DXB
                AC is going to start YYZ-BOM route soon too.

Comment

• Etihad Cargo increases Colombo freighter flights from 1 to 2 weekly, from this month. It's the only airline currently flying direct from Sri Lanka to United States. Route : AUH-CMB-MXP-LCK with 2 weekly onboard B777F.

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                    AC is going to start YYZ-BOM route soon too.
                    It was available last year as well...seasonal route

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                      Guys i've read a news about Airbus is going to donate (I'm not sure about that) 24 helicopter for Sri Lanka for air ambulance purposes.. is it true?
                      Airbus and Benz to provide free air/land ambulance service
                      "The free ambulance package includes 24, helicopters, 1,050 ambulances and 240 breakdown vehicles. The Benz Company will invest in the ambulances and breakdown vehicles while 24 helicopters will be provided by the Air Bus Company"

See more at: http://www.dailymirror.lk/129180/Air....GDdSsQI1.dpuf

Comment

EK will start flights , FROM CMB to MEL in OCTOBER 2017. Daily !
                        EK already has DXB-CMB-SIN-MEL. Do you mean direct flight between CMB-MEL?
                        Last edited by ULfan79; 20-05-2017, 12:10 AM.

Comment

"The free ambulance package includes 24, helicopters, 1,050 ambulances and 240 breakdown vehicles. The Benz Company will invest in the ambulances and breakdown vehicles while 24 helicopters will be provided by the Air Bus Company"

According to the article, this is coming from the most unreliable mouth piece of the regime. Highly doubt this, but will be delighted if this really is genuine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                            According to the article, this is coming from the most unreliable mouth piece of the regime. Highly doubt this, but will be delighted if this really is genuine.
                            Good news if its true. But what benefits Airbus and Benz will get by supplying free Helicopters and Vehicles to Sri Lanka?

Does Sri Lanka currently have air ambulance service in the country? Can I know registration for those helicopters please?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                              Good news if its true. But what benefits Airbus and Benz will get by supplying free Helicopters and Vehicles to Sri Lanka?

Does Sri Lanka currently have air ambulance service in the country? Can I know registration for those helicopters please?
                              The third paragraph of the article says it will be funded by a soft loan. So its not free. Benz and Airbus will benefit by making a sale and building a relationship with the government.

Actually now that I read the article a second time I think it meant to say that the service will be free for patients.
                              Last edited by lordvader; 19-05-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Can anyone explain me why we need 24 helicopters for a tiny nation like sri lanka. A significantly lesser number would have been practical. On top of this, if this is provided via a soft loan then this again would merely be burden for the taxpayer.

Comment

Working...
                                X