This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
    Can't be.. Must be a mistake, as there is no flight to CMB from XFW. I doubt 4R-AND is registered into UL registration, and I don't think it did any customer acceptance flights..
    MSN7697 (D-AZAB) was flying on 14 Jul for 1st test flight. It was flying also on 18 & 23 Jul but Not sure its a customer acceptance flight. Its test registration has not yet been showing in FR24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
      Yesterday there was an A320 as UL1205, as I remember I think it was 4R-ABK to Abu Dhabi.. Wonder why?
      Is it still in Indigo livery? Looks like its a ferry flight to lessor or new customer.

Comment

• Originally posted by newsflasher View Post
        FR24 show UL operate a flight Lahore-Dhaka yesterday, any idea why?
        Fits air for UL Cargo.

Comment

• Originally posted by newsflasher View Post
          Fits air for UL Cargo.
          UL cargo operates twice weekly CMB-LHE-DAC-CMB as part of their scheduled freighter flight with Fitsair's MD82F.

Comment

• The petroleum has announced that it will stop providing jet fuel for the airport, is that true. If so will aviation at BIA will really get effected? If that happens what a misery it would become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
              The petroleum has announced that it will stop providing jet fuel for the airport, is that true. If so will aviation at BIA will really get effected? If that happens what a misery it would become.
              Tuesday, July 25 -10.30 pm: Distributing and unloading fuel has been declared an Essential Service from midnight, tonight.
              http://newsfirst.lk/english/2017/07/...ervices/170898

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                Tuesday, July 25 -10.30 pm: Distributing and unloading fuel has been declared an Essential Service from midnight, tonight.
                http://newsfirst.lk/english/2017/07/...ervices/170898
                It's about time the SL Govt finally grew a pair.

These strikes are spiraling out of control. If you are not happy with your job or feel like being treated unfairly, QUIT !!

This is not the era of bondage and slavery. No one is forcing them to stick with a job that they do not need.

My wife and son are scheduled to fly out of CMB on their way back and they were booked on FZ. I was looking to buy new tickets for them on EK (EK does not refuel in CMB) when I saw the above post. Thank you Sandaru for posting this.

Comment

• Today during daytime hours, fuel was brought from China Bay to VCBI as I heard.. Railway lines leading to Katunayake from the Ceylon Petroleum Coperation (CPC) at Orugodawatte was also blocked by the workers of CPC, not allowing the engine to come and couple to the 10 oil carriages, each consisting of 10,000 gallons of fuel. This might affect the BIA too sometimes, because the oil train to Katunayake was also not there today..
                  Haleef Ismail
                  www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post

These strikes are spiraling out of control. If you are not happy with your job or feel like being treated unfairly, QUIT !!

This is not the era of bondage and slavery. No one is forcing them to stick with a job that they do not need.

My wife and son are scheduled to fly out of CMB on their way back and they were booked on FZ. I was looking to buy new tickets for them on EK (EK does not refuel in CMB) when I saw the above post. Thank you Sandaru for posting this.
                    well definitely not era of bondage and slavery unfortunately more like holding for ransom and hostage...

what do you think abound ground handling in CMB?

some pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                      well definitely not era of bondage and slavery unfortunately more like holding for ransom and hostage...
                      General public (in this case traveling public) are the ones held as hostages for ransom. Fuel is an essential service for the country to function and if someone is disrupting that they should be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                      what do you think abound ground handling in CMB?
                      I think ground handling in CMB is appalling (even though I am not sure how this is related to the petroleum strike). It is by far among the worst services that I had to (and continue to) endure and I have been to some pretty crazy airports in the world.

The real shame is that if one wants to visit SL, you have no choice but to subject yourself to the circus.

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                      The report linked above says "Area people were seen chasing away strikers". Assuming 'area people' means those who live in the vicinity, it is clear the current government has taken a page from the MR regime in handling such situations.

I say to them "Bravo" !!!

Comment

I think ground handling in CMB is appalling (even though I am not sure how this is related to the petroleum strike). It is by far among the worst services that I had to (and continue to) endure and I have been to some pretty crazy airports in the world.

The real shame is that if one wants to visit SL, you have no choice but to subject yourself to the circus.
                        how it is related is what will happened if those "ground handlers" goes on strike...worse than the CPC

The report linked above says "Area people were seen chasing away strikers". Assuming 'area people' means those who live in the vicinity, it is clear the current government has taken a page from the MR regime in handling such situations.

I say to them "Bravo" !!!
                        did you notice how they are blocking train carrying JetA1 fuel

Comment

did you notice how they are blocking train carrying JetA1 fuel
                          I did, and I was thinking "Where is the TOGA switch on the M2 loco"

Comment

Feel for you regarding the personal inconvenience mate but as always theres two sides to the coin. The number of strikes is a direct reflection of the arrogance of these "yahapalana" jokers and their stubborn actions in carrying out the agenda of their financial backers (read I.M.F)... its come to the point that it affecting even our basic services and the puppet of a president is powerless other than to take make knee jerk reactions... in any case its really sad for Srilanka as a country that its come to the point its affecting our aviation sector and we have to discuss this sadly on our aviation forum

Comment

• Originally posted by ULfan79 View Post
                              Feel for you regarding the personal inconvenience mate but as always theres two sides to the coin. The number of strikes is a direct reflection of the arrogance of these "yahapalana" jokers and their stubborn actions in carrying out the agenda of their financial backers (read I.M.F)... its come to the point that it affecting even our basic services and the puppet of a president is powerless other than to take make knee jerk reactions... in any case its really sad for Srilanka as a country that its come to the point its affecting our aviation sector and we have to discuss this sadly on our aviation forum
                              Without just yapping blaming everyone other than looking inwards...please check y GOSL goes after IMF and it is not the otherway around...GOSL is after loans to cover cost like leasing aircraft above market rate...building airports in jungle...acquiring loans above commercial rates to buildi ports...IMF is not in charity business for giving out free money...they want make sure loan would be repaid...government should not be doing fuel distribution, power generation and distribution or running airlines & airports or doing any commercial activity...they should be governing country like upholding law and order, protecting the consumer, setting policies and debt reduction
                              Last edited by Speedbird; 27-07-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Without just yapping blaming everyone other than looking inwards...please check y GOSL goes after IMF and it is not the otherway around...GOSL is after loans to cover cost like leasing aircraft above market rate...building airports in jungle...acquiring loans above commercial rates to buildi ports...IMF is not in charity business for giving out free money...they want make sure loan would be repaid...government should not be doing fuel distribution, power generation and distribution or running airlines & airports or doing any commercial activity...they should be governing country like upholding law and order, protecting of the consumer, setting policies and debt reduction
                                When you say "looking inwards" i assume you obviously refer to the previous govt actions (and you've named all their actions ) which is funny because that's exactly what the present govt says as an excuse for the current mess we are facing. Well thats fine...but hang on a second mate... didnt these yahapalana do-gooders come into power saying they will fix everything they are economic experts, etc, etc and common masses will be saved?? Look what's happened now? Can you honestly say it is better now than before Jan 8th 2015?

And you've got the whole IMF story confused. Its true this govt needs the IMF for its survival but IMF also has their agenda in offering these loans. Theres a reason why these conditions are attached and thats the main reason for the increasing descent from the common masses. Infact the yahapalana stooges are just here to carry out this...But lets not get into that here. Afterall we are here to discuss srilankan aviation

Comment

Working...
                                X