• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kennny15 View Post
    MSN052 A350-941 F-WZFA 4R- SriLankan Airlines 2017-02

MSN055 A350-941 F-WZFI 4R- SriLankan Airlines 2017-03

MSN060 A350-941 F-WZFK 4R- SriLankan Airlines

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...irbus_A350_XWB
    In that case UL is delaying the delivery dates of 3 x A350s not transferring Aercap's lease to different airline?

MSN52 was rolled out from the L70 hangar couple of days ago and parked in the A380-parking site. MSN55 is in the L70 hangar (see pic). I think MSN60 also parked in the A380-parking site waiting for a spot in the tent for minor rework.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
      Exactly The cuts in the network and fleet are being done without any consideration given to how the airline can be competitive in the long term.

It is strange that UL is experiencing so many rapid changes but MJ appears to be virtually untouched.
      When organization cut cost. They go after direct cost like reducing the staff strength. You cannot reduce cost by cost cutting revenue generating system. True CDG and FRA operating at a loss. but object should have been to increase the yield. Since these routes are taken out the result would there would be excess staff and reduced revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
        When organization cut cost. They go after direct cost like reducing the staff strength. You cannot reduce cost by cost cutting revenue generating system. True CDG and FRA operating at a loss. but object should have been to increase the yield. Since these routes are taken out the result would there would be excess staff and reduced revenue.
        You're correct - but this requires people with experience who know what they are doing.

UL is full of people who are appointed/unqualified/incompetent/corrupt. All these people can do is talk.

I have explained how things work at the office in a previous post.
        Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• any idea what's going to be the replacement for 4r-abl??
          will UL add another second hand a321 for it just like how they brought in 4r-abq/r???

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
            any idea what's going to be the replacement for 4r-abl??
            will UL add another second hand a321 for it just like how they brought in 4r-abq/r???
            I was wondering why 4R-ABL wasn't active between 21-May and 25-May ? I doubt they will bring any replacement for 4R-ABK & 4R-ABL this year and already UL fleet is not fully utilized any way.

According to ATDB, next year 4 x A321neos to be built for UL.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
              Hello
              ALH had a C1 check and it was taken out of the service for nearly 2 weeks. I saw the ALG in the hangar too but it must be an A check which is usually concluded within 2 days.

Next 330 will be delivered shortly, hopefully within this month but I think that would be the last for this year. There were rumours that A350 order was amended. Still we heard nothing officially.
              I'm not quite sure about the weight category, but most probably it will be identical to ALO.

Cheers
              Hi Rahal, Do you know where is 4R-ALB? I don't see its operating for more than 2 weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by kennny15 View Post
                MSN052 A350-941 F-WZFA 4R- SriLankan Airlines 2017-02

MSN055 A350-941 F-WZFI 4R- SriLankan Airlines 2017-03

MSN060 A350-941 F-WZFK 4R- SriLankan Airlines

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...irbus_A350_XWB
                This production list is not up-to-date. Airbus will deliver all MSNs up to MSN80 (Lufthansa's second 350) in 2016 (except for MSN 52, 55 and 60 IF they go to another customer).
                So these delivery dates to UL are just impossible.

UL's order has still not been cancelled officially (or confirmed by Airbus). Now, even the fourth UL aircraft is in the production list (MSN 171).

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Regards,

Lucas and Philipp.

Comment

• Originally posted by A350-XWB View Post
                  This production list is not up-to-date. Airbus will deliver all MSNs up to MSN80 (Lufthansa's second 350) in 2016 (except for MSN 52, 55 and 60 IF they go to another customer).
                  So these delivery dates to UL are just impossible.

UL's order has still not been cancelled officially (or confirmed by Airbus). Now, even the fourth UL aircraft is in the production list (MSN 171).

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Regards,

Lucas and Philipp.
                  Not sure I agree.

Deliveries can be deferred. I had read previously that this was going to happen. The aircraft will be completed and go straight into storage. Happened before.

How bad are things? Judge for yourself.

As I've said previously No money = No choices

No A350 imho.
                  Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                    Not sure I agree.

Deliveries can be deferred. I had read previously that this was going to happen. The aircraft will be completed and go straight into storage. Happened before.

How bad are things? Judge for yourself.

As I've said previously No money = No choices

No A350 imho.

Yep, we agree.
                    It makes no economical sense for UL. But I don't think the a/c will go into storage because the A350 is pretty popular at the moment. You'd probably find an airline to lease it to.
                    We think the delivery will be delayed, but the aircraft would be directly re-configured. We don't think UL will defer deliveries. It is either a cancellation (+ penalties) or UL decides to take the aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by A350-XWB View Post
                      Yep, we agree.
                      It makes no economical sense for UL. But I don't think the a/c will go into storage because the A350 is pretty popular at the moment. You'd probably find an airline to lease it to.
                      We think the delivery will be delayed, but the aircraft would be directly re-configured. We don't think UL will defer deliveries. It is either a cancellation (+ penalties) or UL decides to take the aircraft.
                      I think A350 is a best metal for UL but its all down to the management how they use it profitably.

Unfortunately previous and current management are not capable to run an airline. None of them have an experience of running an airline. Previous & current UL /MJ fully corrupt.

UL used to provide best flying experience to passengers and it was well managed during the partnership with EK.

Now Gov has to close the airline (MJ & UL) and allow foreign investor to start new airline in Sri Lanka. New Jobs have to be created from top to bottom and job selection have to be done completely by the management not by the political whimps.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                        Hi Rahal, Do you know where is 4R-ALB? I don't see its operating for more than 2 weeks?
                        hello

ALB is in the last phase of a scheduled C check ... will join the fleet soon
                        cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
                          I don't think the government wants to be unpopular in unemployming people? I think our laws are too employee friendly (and i may be wrong on this someone can't be fired without the company being bankrupt in the first place according to our laws?)

I have never seen any SL government doing any retrenchment, this might be tied to our archaic employment laws or just plain reluctance on part of the government to loose votes. I am not sure MJ is 'bankrupt' to be wound down?

Can someone familar with this comment?
                          Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
                          As if MJ employs 10,000 people .. If there is a will, there's a way.

Unless the plane leases of MJ are written with lot of penalty clause, common sense says merge the ops with UL and move into the same GDS inventory.

For employee termination, of course there is a cost, but which is worse ? operating a bleeding carrier or paying off staff and winding it down ?
                          Last edited by Serendib; 28-05-2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
                            I'm sure they can survive. For example check the flight history of 4R-ALQ. Landed at CMB around 05:09AM(21/05/16) as UL226 and spent about 6 hours on the ground before taking off to FRA as UL557. I think they can do a MLE flight or MAA flight in between. Since CDG also out of the way in this winter they have more than enough aircrafts to operate without any disruptions.
                            What's happening with 4R-ALG ? is it still in operations for UL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                              What's happening with 4R-ALG ? is it still in operations for UL?
                              UL lease returned 4R-ALG last April. Now the aircraft is with SV

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                                A very senior manager of the airline speaking to Colombo Telegraph on condition of anonymity as he is barred from speaking to the media said ” we will not let the airline’s business plan suffer in anyway especially with the threat of cabin crew going on strike. We have taken counter measures to ensure that not a single flight will be cancelled as our valued customers come first. Mihin Lanka cabin crew are going to be trained shortly to operate the Sri Lankan Airlines A330 aircraft as well. Cost is a serious factor and we are looking into it. The airline is considering recruiting more cabin crew through Mihin Lanka to fly exclusively on certain Sri Lankan Airline routes especially to Europe, which will drastically reduce the operating cost to these destinations.
                                https://www.colombotelegraph.com/ind...o-rule-threat/
                                I have been hearing shocking rumours about UL lately.

* UL to cancel CDG & FRA;
                                * UL to re-lease three of it's A330-300s (ALM, ALN, ALP) to another airline;
                                * MJ to launch FCO with 4R-ALJ;
                                * UL will have only 4 x Widebody (A333) from mid 2017;
                                * UL will have long-haul flights to only LHR, NRT, PEK, PVG;

Some one please confirm if it's true? :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X