This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
    Srilankan to increase its presence in India by starting 3 new flights in July.

4x weekly CMB-VTZ from 08JUL17

UL159 CMB 0710 - 0910 VTZ x135
    UL160 VTZ 1010 - 1215 CMB x135

4x weekly CMB-HYD from 12JUL17

UL177 CMB 0700 - 0855 HYD x246
    UL178 HYD 0950 - 1145 CMB x246

4x weekly CMB-CJB from 16JUL17

UL193 CMB 1330 - 1435 CJB x136
    UL194 CJB 1535 - 1645 CMB x136

Note : Booking available only in travel portals
    Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    Great News !! Thanks. Do you normally take transit at CMB ?

I think the A321neo which is joining the UL fleet in 1st week of July is going to be used on these new CZB, VTZ, HYD flights. Do you know where do these CZB, VTZ and HYD passengers are going to fly out of CMB ?

Current SriLankan Airlines Destinations in India :

Bengaluru, Bodh Gaya, Chennai. Delhi, Kochi, Kolkota, Madurai, Mumbai, Trichy, Trivandrum, Varanasi
    Actually except Vizhag, the other two are service resumption. Sri Lankan Airlines used to flies to Coimbatore and Hyderabad until December 2008.

Ref

Good to see some new destination. Regional expansion is prefer before the long and ultra long routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      4R-ANB completes it second acceptance flight at TLS today (30-Mar)
      4R-ANB (ex- F-WWIQ) delivery flight TLS-DXB-CMB - 01/04/2017

320.251-NEO SRILANKAN AIRLINES 4R-ANB 7535 DELIVERY FLIGHT 01 04 17 TLS

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
        It's being delivered as UL1206 and expecting to arrive at CMB at 02:20am.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
          Welcome home 4R-ANB
          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
            Welcome home 4R-ANB
            Flew on Srilankan A320 NEO 4ANA Dhaka to Colombo ,great travel experience , good leg room , IFE is with wide collection similer to A330 300 and very quiet cabin with connectivity . Adding A320 NEO and A321 NEO will up grade Srilankan narrow body product more uninformative with A330 300 .
            I got few images ,but find difficult to upload from files , please support .

Comment

• I heard that SriLankan Airlines Ordered 8 A350s and canceled only 5 of them. Is that true....?

Comment

• Originally posted by Air>Ceylon View Post
                Flew on Srilankan A320 NEO 4ANA Dhaka to Colombo ,great travel experience , good leg room , IFE is with wide collection similer to A330 300 and very quiet cabin with connectivity . Adding A320 NEO and A321 NEO will up grade Srilankan narrow body product more uninformative with A330 300 .
                I got few images ,but find difficult to upload from files , please support .
                Here are the steps to attach images on our forum post :

1 - Click on Reply to thread
                2 - Click on Go advanced
                3 - Click on Insert attachments
                4 - Upload the files from your computer.

Comment

• 4R-ALA is not yet active on revenue flights since it was taken for a C check as mentioned here before.
                  4R-ALC last flight as per flighradar24 was on 29th march
                  4R-ALJ is also inactive for over 2 weeks now

Any update...

Comment

• Originally posted by harshaprageeth17 View Post
                    I heard that SriLankan Airlines Ordered 8 A350s and canceled only 5 of them. Is that true....?
                    Please advise where did you hear UL have cancelled 5 x A359s? As far as I know UL initially ordered 4 x A359 on lease from Aercap and another 4 x A359 from Airbus but UL cancelled all 4 x A359 with Aercap and 4 x A359 with Airbus not been cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by harshaprageeth17 View Post
                      It's better if they can change all those three air crafts for new ones......... isn't if?
                      As per lessor SASOF, leases of old 3 x A332s have been extended by UL. Must be ALA, ALB, ALC are those old 3 x A332s.

Hi CSButterflyeffect - Any updates on lease returns of A332 fleet ?

Comment

Emirates, Indigo, Air Asia and Japan Airlines have shown interest in managing SriLankan Airlines

The national carrier, SriLankan Airlines, which has been experiencing massive turbulences lately, has attracted interest from two international airlines and two regional airlines, a top minister in the coalition government said.  ..

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/s...turing-hashim/
                        I agree UL cant make profit with current aircraft fleet which were acquired on high lease rates. But UL needs good management so it can avoid further losses and wrong decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                          Welcome home 4R-ANB
                          When would the first revenue flight for this air frame be?

Comment

• Srilankan a320 neo 4ana

20170326_133739.jpg20170326_151037.jpg20170326_151058.jpg20170326_151040.jpg20170326_152518.jpg20170326_172927.jpg

Comment

I heard that fully painted tail section of MSN 7663 was seen at XFW on the 27-Mar. Any pic?
                              1st A321neo of Sri Lankan Airlines
                              SN7663
                              D-AVYO [to be 4R-ANC]

Sri Lankan Airlines, D-AVYO,Reg.....NC,(c/n 7663),Airbus A 321-200(SL), 31.03.2017,  XFW-EDHI, Hamburg-Finkenwerder

Sri Lankan Airlines, D-AVYO,Reg.....NC,(c/n 7663),Airbus A 321-200(SL), 31.03.2017,  XFW-EDHI, Hamburg-Finkenwerder

Credits to : Henryk Konrad

Comment

• It appears that they are going to try, again to lease out three of the new 333s, along with one 332 (which I think is the least old one - ALH).

However, considering that the recent lease of ALN to PK caused several problems, I feel that it might be more profitable to just start more routes, so that all of the available aircraft (and extra staff) can be well utilized...

In addition to the concrete plans to start servicing VTZ, CJB, HYD and MEL, there has also been talk about servicing AMD, SLL, RGN and JNB, as well as increasing the number of flights to DEL, BOM and LHR. So, obviously, more aircraft are going to be needed, anyway.

Also - places like CCJ, MRU, IKA, XIY, and either FRA or MUC would probably be viable, too (personally, I think that MUC makes more sense than FRA due to equally good connection options for passengers from Canada and the U.S. at MUC, while better time-slot options and lower fees are likelier at MUC, compared to FRA).

Anyway, this idea of leasing and re-leasing relatively newer aircraft is a bit saddening.
                                Last edited by quickingleyero; 03-04-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X