This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report 016: Oman Air | Jeddah to Muscat

Flying A40-BJ operated by Oman Air Boeing 737-800 and one the oldest aircraft currently in its fleet, from Jeddah to Muscat.
    Check it out!

My 9th consecutive Narrow bodied sector!and this time without IFE.
    (Await the 10th)
    Last edited by Aaqib; 04-02-2017, 04:07 AM.
    -Aaqib Hussain
    (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
    www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Thank you Aaqib ! Good video !

What do you think of inflight service onboard CMB-MCT-CMB sector? What is the passenger load factors for CMB-MCT-JED-MCT-CMB?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Thank you Aaqib ! Good video !

What do you think of inflight service onboard CMB-MCT-CMB sector? What is the passenger load factors for CMB-MCT-JED-MCT-CMB?
        Thanks Mate!
        As per the load factor all four sectors were all well above 90%,the in flight meals where pretty good for a full service carrier (better than UL of course) However the drawback was the fact that there was no IFE on my return sector JED-MCT-CMB since they where assigned on the older Boeing 737-800's.
        The onward sectors were much better with MCT-JED having Sri Lankan flight attendants which was quite a pleasant surprise.

The Big Three are on a league of their own and it will take more time for WY to catch up with them.
        -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Spotting at Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport (JED/OEJN)

Exclusive content from Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport (JED/OEJN) while waiting for my flight Oman Air WY690 to Muscat.
          Images captured at the North Terminal at KAII

Parked Saudia Boeing 777's at JED

The majestic Saudia Boeing 747-400's (TF-AAH) operated by Air Atlanta Icelandic

Corendon Airlines Boeing 737-800 (TC-TJI) on arrival from Turkey

commercial photography locations

"Al-Jabriya"the last surviving Boeing 747-400 of Kuwait Airways (9K-ADE) preparing for its departure to Kuwait City (KWI)

A leased Onur Air Airbus A330-200 (TC-OCE) in Saudia white livery at JED

A few More leased Onur Air Airbus A330-200's (TC-OCG/TC-OCK and TC-OCI) in Saudia whites at Jeddah Airport,currently operated for the Kingdoms National Carrier

*Note TC-OCK was previously Registered as 4R-ALG and operated by Sri Lankan Airlines*

Air Cairo Airbus A320-200 (SU-PBX) preparing for departure to Cairo (CAI) as Air Cairo SM476

The Kingdoms LCC FlyNas Airbus A320-200 at Jeddah Airport

*Please note that these Images are not to be published/circulated elsewhere without prior consent, If approval is obtained, kindly give credit to Airsrilanka.org including the copyright holder *
          Last edited by Aaqib; 05-02-2017, 04:16 AM.
          -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
            Exclusive content from Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport (JED/OEJN) while waiting for my flight Oman Air WY690 to Muscat.
            Thanks for taking these shots !! Good Memories because some of the aircraft in the pictures are retiring from the fleet from this year . e.g. SV B777-200. May i know why does the most of the aircraft are loading/unloading the passengers at the remote apron at JED ? I thought JED have the boarding bridges.

I remember flying on CMB-KWI in May 2010 onboard KU362. The KU362 flight was operated by A310 (9K-ALC/Kazma). Interior was out of date but the cabin crew were nice and friendly . By the way the flight was landed at KWI in the mid morning and it was terribly hot weather in Kuwait but the flight was parked at the remote apron at the far end, even when the have a vacant boarding bridges. Unfortunately 9K-ALC was stored at ROW in Aug 2016

Pictures : http://www.airsrilanka.org/showthrea...full=1#post688

I have plans to fly from Europe to CMB via JED onboard SV. Transit time at JED is 6 hours . What's your opinion about JED for transit ?

Comment

*Note TC-OCK was previously Registered as 4R-ADG and operated by Sri Lankan Airlines*
              TC-OCK is ex-4R-ALG

4R-ADG is A340 and its going to join Mahan Air or Syrian Air.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                Thanks for taking these shots !! Good Memories because some of the aircraft in the pictures are retiring from the fleet from this year . e.g. SV B777-200. May i know why does the most of the aircraft are loading/unloading the passengers at the remote apron at JED ? I thought JED have the boarding bridges.

I remember flying on CMB-KWI in May 2010 onboard KU362. The KU362 flight was operated by A310 (9K-ALC/Kazma). Interior was out of date but the cabin crew were nice and friendly . By the way the flight was landed at KWI in the mid morning and it was terribly hot weather in Kuwait but the flight was parked at the remote apron at the far end, even when the have a vacant boarding bridges. Unfortunately 9K-ALC was stored at ROW in Aug 2016

Pictures : http://www.airsrilanka.org/showthrea...full=1#post688

I have plans to fly from Europe to CMB via JED onboard SV. Transit time at JED is 6 hours . What's your opinion about JED for transit ?

I don't think that JED is equipped with air bridges as MCT, the Inbound WY flight landed at the Hajj Terminal which is why we had a long shuttle from the Gate at the North Terminal to the Hajj Terminal where WY690 was parked.

KU was actually my first option to get to JED with one sector being operated by their last surviving Boeing 747-400,but this was not to be.

JED is great for a connection as long as you'd be Transiting through the North Terminal since the Hajj Terminal is very basic and not recommended at all. The North Terminal has a vast selection of restaurants for a quick bite and is so much better than CMB.
                -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Takeoff from Sochi

Comment

• Gulf Air Airbus A320-200 at CMB

Managed to capture a few shots of Gulf Air's Airbus A320-200 at Colombo-Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)

Apologies for the bad quality since the security personal were urging me to hurry up and also since the battery on my Nikon had died

-Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Trip Report 017: Oman Air | Muscat to Colombo

The Last Trip Report for this series, flying on A40-BP a Boeing 737-800 operated by Oman Air from Muscat to Colombo!

The Load factor was at 100% with many Omani's,European's,Arabs and Indian Nationals along with our local Sri Lankan expats being on this flight.

In my personal opinion, I would suggest that it would be more feasible for UL to operate a daily connection to MCT on a wide-body Airbus A330,thus increasing their stake on this sector (WY currently Operates a double-daily flight)
                      -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Moscow (VKO) Landing

Comment

• Royalflight in Colombo

16731414_916240881846641_377714106_o (1)

16735627_916240958513300_1830820021_o

Comment

• Originally posted by LankaFlyer View Post
                            Royalflight in Colombo

16731414_916240881846641_377714106_o (1)

16735627_916240958513300_1830820021_o
                            Thank you

Its good to see Russian airline in Colombo. Is it B767-400? Fuselage looks longer than B767-300. How many time it visits Colombo per week?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                              Moscow (VKO) Landing

Thank you
                              Nice video. Please tell us about UTair and your inflight experience?

Comment

The Last Trip Report for this series, flying on A40-BP a Boeing 737-800 operated by Oman Air from Muscat to Colombo!

The Load factor was at 100% with many Omani's,European's,Arabs and Indian Nationals along with our local Sri Lankan expats being on this flight.

In my personal opinion, I would suggest that it would be more feasible for UL to operate a daily connection to MCT on a wide-body Airbus A330,thus increasing their stake on this sector (WY currently Operates a double-daily flight)
                                Thank you
                                Does UL currently serve daily to MCT?

Comment

Working...
                                X