This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
    Actually the 3 A350s which UL will receive are being leased from ILFC. And even these 3 are constantly being offered to other airlines to be sub-leased but there have been no takers yet.
    Haleef, Any latest update on UL taking delivery of three A350s this year? Aren't they going to sub-leased them to another airline? I heard last week MSN60 was moved from parking stand to A380-site for rework. Is UL still going to sub-lease their three A333s to another airline.

According to ATDB, UL's first three A350s will be receiving the registration as below.

MSN52 - 4R-XWA
    MSN55 - 4R-XWB
    MSN60 - 4R-XWC

Can't wait to see them after paint work.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
      How many times has this been announced? I've lost count.

Looks like the "shut down" is nothing but an integration of the 2 companies.

Some MJ Pilots have failed the selection previously at UL.
      Some MJ Captains previously left UL and were not hired back.

Going to be a big mess no matter what happens imho.
      It looks like the management have confirmed today in the board-meeting that MJ will be closing down and MJ Aircraft and some of the MJ staff to be transferred to UL.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Haleef, Any latest update on UL taking delivery of three A350s this year? Aren't they going to sub-leased them to another airline? I heard last week MSN60 was moved from parking stand to A380-site for rework. Is UL still going to sub-lease their three A333s to another airline.

According to ATDB, UL's first three A350s will be receiving the registration as below.

MSN52 - 4R-XWA
        MSN55 - 4R-XWB
        MSN60 - 4R-XWC

Can't wait to see them after paint work.
        Hi, dad says that many pilots are saying that we are getting A350s, and thst some of them have been going for training and the rest will go too. The crew's training will start probably this or the following month. That's all I could tell for now, but if I get more information, I will be pleased to update . The A333s, I thinl ALM, ALN & ALO might be subleased, but I cannot be sure as it is unconfirmed.
        Haleef Ismail
        www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
          Hi, dad says that many pilots are saying that we are getting A350s, and thst some of them have been going for training and the rest will go too. The crew's training will start probably this or the following month. That's all I could tell for now, but if I get more information, I will be pleased to update . The A333s, I thinl ALM, ALN & ALO might be subleased, but I cannot be sure as it is unconfirmed.
          Thanks for the info Haleef; Do you know what is happening to our older birds (332s) are they being extended or retired?

Comment

• "In the midst of these sheer difficult times faced by the airline, it is disheartening to note that Chairman Dias,CEO Ratwatte and CCO Ramacandran of the national carrier are behaving in this manner. This is similar to vultures or hyenas feasting on the carcass of a dead animal".
            Time to kick UL out of OneWorld imho - this Airline has become a complete joke!
            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
              Thanks for the info Haleef; Do you know what is happening to our older birds (332s) are they being extended or retired?
              Your welcome. I think the A332s will be retiring soon, but I think after the other new aircraft comes. Heard that we are also getting Airbus A321 (or 320) Neos/Ceos. Another news is that SriLankan is stopping Doha flights sadly. :/
              Haleef Ismail

Comment

Your welcome. I think the A332s will be retiring soon, but I think after the other new aircraft comes. Heard that we are also getting Airbus A321 (or 320) Neos/Ceos. Another news is that SriLankan is stopping Doha flights sadly. :/
                Very disappointed with UL's plan on cancelling flights to Doha. Any reason why UL wants cancel Doha? Is it not profitable route for UL? Don't they have expansion plans? I hear nothing but cutting the existing routes.

Comment

Very disappointed with UL's plan on cancelling flights to Doha. Any reason why UL wants cancel Doha? Is it not profitable route for UL? Don't they have expansion plans? I hear nothing but cutting the existing routes.
                  Sad indeed. My father just came after his last flight from DOH.
                  Haleef Ismail

Comment

Flight is generally full both ways with passengers and cargo is also fairly strong CMB-DOH. Maybe this new codeshare with Qatar Airways has something to do with it. Perhaps they agreed to fly the route exclusively with QR metal. Either way if this is true, it's pathetic that they are axing such a strong performing route.
                    Last edited by TheF15Ace; 17-06-2016, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
                      Actually the 3 A350s which UL will receive are being leased from ILFC. And even these 3 are constantly being offered to other airlines to be sub-leased but there have been no takers yet.
                      MSN52 out of paint yesterday its all white ;(

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
                        What do you mean? SriLankan isn't taking them?
                        Haleef Ismail

Comment

Dear Haleef,

FYI UL will not gonna stop Doh route but they will stop cabin crew layover. There is no such news to stop DOH route and further we applied out winter 16/17 shedule to QCAA and awaiting approval.
                          QR UL codeshare agreement for flights which qr operates to US and europe only. Since QATAR and Srilanka having a recipocal aggreement UL still can operate 3 flight to doha per day.

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
                            What about the tail?

Comment

As I heard UL is not going to stop DOH.they are planning to continue the UL 217 with a A320 /A321because Ek is going to operate DXB -DOH-CMB as i heard.So pax will have EK and QR both direct from DOH..
                              and no layovers for the crew in Doha. No more funtimes at mercue Doha .

Comment

• Originally posted by shehara343 View Post
                                no layovers for the crew in Doha.
                                The same crew will not operate the return flight, would they? I assume they will carry a relief crew to operate the return flight, thereby reducing the number of revenue seats?

Comment

Working...
                                X