This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
    4R-ALN did its first revenue flight with PIA today (PIA 785/786). Is this the first time 4R-XXX aircraft being used by another mainline airline on wet lease basis?
    I can't recall wetlease like that but 4R-ULA was leased to British Airways by Airlanka in 1988. Otherwise Pakistan based cargo operator, Intercity Airways used to fly AN12 with Sri Lanka's registration 4R-AIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      I can't recall wetlease like that but 4R-ULA was leased to British Airways by Airlanka in 1988. Otherwise Pakistan based cargo operator, Intercity Airways used to fly AN12 with Sri Lanka's registration 4R-AIA.
      ExpoAir (now Fitsair) had its DC-8 flying in the Arab Emirates for another company with the registration 4R-EXJ

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
        4R-ALN did its first revenue flight with PIA today (PIA 785/786). Is this the first time 4R-XXX aircraft being used by another mainline airline on wet lease basis?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
          ExpoAir (now Fitsair) had its DC-8 flying in the Arab Emirates for another company with the registration 4R-EXJ
          I doubt Fitsair's DC8 was operating for another airline. Please confirm? As far as I know Fitsair has 4 hubs (CMB, DXB, NBO & SIN). May be their DC8 was operating out of DXB but now their DC8 is based in NBO.

Comment

I doubt Fitsair's DC8 was operating for another airline. Please confirm? As far as I know Fitsair has 4 hubs (CMB, DXB, NBO & SIN). May be their DC8 was operating out of DXB but now their DC8 is based in NBO.
            They were doing flights between Dubai and Malta if i remember correctly back in 2013

Comment

• Reunited at LHR

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
                Reunited at LHR
                Awesome pic!! Many many thanks for sharing with us! What's the rego of the A333 in SriLankan livery?

Comment

Awesome pic!! Many many thanks for sharing with us! What's the rego of the A333 in SriLankan livery?
                  The original photograph (https://www.flickr.com/photos/aero_i...-BcE7u3-KddzDW) only mentions Lima November.

But I crossed the date the photograph was taken with FR24, the UL bird is Lima Romeo
                  Last edited by TheF15Ace; 15-08-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max
                    So, this arrangement with PK looks like a 'damp lease', not a wet lease as widely publicized.

The Cabin crew certainly looks like from PK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                      So, this arrangement with PK looks like a 'damp lease', not a wet lease as widely publicized.

The Cabin crew certainly looks like from PK.
                      Maybe they put the PK crew just for the photo shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max
                        Anyone else see the fumes in front of the PM ?

Comment

• Sri Lankan flight grounded

A Sri Lankan Airlines flight bound for Colombo on Saturday was grounded at the Tiruchi International Airport due to a technical snag. Sources said the engine fault was detected a few minutes before the flight was about to take off at 9.30 am.

All 146 passengers had boarded prior to the detection of the fault. Since it could not be set right immediately, all passengers were asked to alight and accommodated in a hotel.

Comment

That's condensation from the air conditioning system - perfectly normal.
                            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

That happens when you power the jet on. It's the AirCon system.
                              Last edited by TheF15Ace; 16-08-2016, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Sri Lankan to resume UK-Maldives flights in 1Q 2017

ch-aviation pro users have access to all exclusive ch-aviation news stories and any changes to airline route networks worldwide. If you are a ch-aviation pro user, please log in.

Comment

Working...
                                X