This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLM returns to Sri Lankan skies after two decades

Twice weekly flights from 1 November Come 1 November, KLM will resume its direct services to Sri Lanka after a lapse of nearly two decades giving a big boost for in-bound and out-bound tourism. The airline last week announced its resumption of Amsterdam-Colombo services initially for the upcoming winter season with two flights per week. Flights from Colombo will depart Tuesdays and Sa ..

Is this the first 787 service into CMB?

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
      http://www.ft.lk/article/567460/KLM-...er-two-decades

Is this the first 787 service into CMB?
      LOT Polish flew their 787-8 to CMB. But this will be the first 787-9

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines later this month is introducing expanded service to Pakistan, which sees the offering of Colombo – Lahore route. From 27SEP16, the oneWorld member plans to operate this route twice a week, with Airbus A320 aircraft.

UL185 CMB2010 – 2335LHE 320 24
        UL186 LHE0035 – 0505CMB 320 35

This service is currently scheduled until 28OCT16.

Comment

• Originally posted by janhongladarom View Post
          SriLankan Airlines later this month is introducing expanded service to Pakistan, which sees the offering of Colombo – Lahore route. From 27SEP16, the oneWorld member plans to operate this route twice a week, with Airbus A320 aircraft.

UL185 CMB2010 – 2335LHE 320 24
          UL186 LHE0035 – 0505CMB 320 35

This service is currently scheduled until 28OCT16.
          Any idea when SriLankan Airlines is going to takeover rest of the Mihin Lanka routes ? it looks like Mihin flights to Gaya and Varanasi are going to be terminated from end of Nov if i'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Malaysia Airlines Operational Schedule Changes effective 6-Jan-2017 until 6-Apr-2017. The Flight MH184/185 will be operating during the night instead of day time due to Colombo Airport Runway Maintenance.

KUL-CMB - MH179 - 22:10 - 23:15 - B738 - DAILY
            KUL-CMB - MH185 - 23:05 - 23:59 - B738 - 356

CMB-KUL - MH178 - 00:15 - 06:25 - B738 - DAILY
            CMB-KUL - MH184 - 01:00 - 07:10 - B738 - 467

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines in winter 2016/17 season is reducing overall frequencies to Guangzhou, which sees reduction from 7 to 4 weekly. Existing 3 weekly Colombo – Guangzhou nonstop service will operate until 28/29OCT16, while maintaining 4 weekly Colombo – Bangkok – Guangzhou service.

This route is mainly operated by A330-300 aircraft.

UL882 CMB0701 – 1155BKK1250 – 1645CAN 333 x146
              UL883 CAN1755 – 2005BKK2100 – 2255CMB 333 x146

Comment

• Originally posted by janhongladarom View Post
                SriLankan Airlines in winter 2016/17 season is reducing overall frequencies to Guangzhou, which sees reduction from 7 to 4 weekly. Existing 3 weekly Colombo – Guangzhou nonstop service will operate until 28/29OCT16, while maintaining 4 weekly Colombo – Bangkok – Guangzhou service.

This route is mainly operated by A330-300 aircraft.

UL882 CMB0701 – 1155BKK1250 – 1645CAN 333 x146
                UL883 CAN1755 – 2005BKK2100 – 2255CMB 333 x146
                I thought SriLankan have good passenger/cargo demand on their China flights. Why does SriLankan reducing Guangzhou flights from Daily to 4 weekly.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                  I thought SriLankan have good passenger/cargo demand on their China flights. Why does SriLankan reducing Guangzhou flights from Daily to 4 weekly.
                  Full aircraft does not mean that they make money - it's all about the yield on any given route.

Best guess - part of ongoing efforts to reduce losses.
                  Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                    Full aircraft does not mean that they make money - it's all about the yield on any given route.

Best guess - part of ongoing efforts to reduce losses.
                    I have to agree. I think the yield on China-Sri Lanka route seems to be low. Air China was launched the Beijing-Colombo in Oct 2015 but the flight didn't last long. China Eastern is planning cancel the Shanghai-Colombo service from Apr 2017. Therefore only China Eastern will continue serving Chengu-Colombo and Air China on Kunming-Colombo.

Comment

I have to agree. I think the yield on China-Sri Lanka route seems to be low. Air China was launched the Beijing-Colombo in Oct 2015 but the flight didn't last long. China Eastern is planning cancel the Shanghai-Colombo service from Apr 2017. Therefore only China Eastern will continue serving Chengu-Colombo and Air China on Kunming-Colombo.
                      Hey Banu,

China Eastern - Kunming - Colombo - Male service operates with A330 replaces B737 - http://airport.lk/flight_info/arriva...t_schedule.php

Comment

One reason (Yield is low) for operating into CMB is landing cost and Jet A1 fuel cost is extremely high for a lower service/facility airport. This would not change since monopoly of the ground handling is with UL, landing cost is with AASL monopoly and CPC control the Jet A1 fuel price (which is second highest in Asia - I assume after MLE).

Comment

• UL 880 is delayed for more than four and half hours. Anyone knows what's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                            UL 880 is delayed for more than four and half hours. Anyone knows what's going on.
                            Yes.. why it was delayed ? aircraft is 4R-ALB. I can notice a few UL flight delays since Aug. But I don't think UL still have issues with pilot regarding the breathalyzer test : http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2016/0...-major-crisis/

New Bitmap Image

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                              UL 880 is delayed for more than four and half hours. Anyone knows what's going on.
                              My understanding is that the work to rule is still in place - they may have had an issue finding crew for this flight.
                              Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Insufficient Fuel On Board Heathrow Flight Forces Diversion To Gatwik

http://https://www.colombotelegraph....on-to-gatwick/

Comment

Working...
                                X