X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    Happy New Year Azamh !!

Did you see any machineries at Colombo Airport for runway resurfacing work? The work supposed to start in next 4/5 days.
    no machines but I see airport is over crowded lots of tourists yesterday KLM flight was full business and economy house full...
    I see tourism has improved

Comment

• A Saudia Boeing 747-400 flying in from JED on short finals to CMB most probably to Pick Up Indonesian Umrah Pilgrims that arrived from Medan (KNO) on a Siriwijaya Boeing 737-800 a short while ago

Great to see this beauty back in CMB!

-Aaqib Hussain
      (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
      www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
        A Saudia Boeing 747-400 flying in from JED on short finals to CMB most probably to Pick Up Indonesian Umrah Pilgrims that arrived from Medan (KNO) on a Siriwijaya Boeing 737-800 a short while ago

Great to see this beauty back in CMB!
        Well spotted ! Its indeed nice to see B747pax back in Colombo. Is it wetleased B747 from Air Atlanta? Good to see CX is already serving twice a week B74F Freighters on HKG-MAA-CMB-HKG.

I heard that SV is going to retire all of its B777-200 from the fleet by the end of 2017. Wondering which aircraft would they use on Colombo route to replace retiring B777-200?

Comment

Well spotted ! Its indeed nice to see B747pax back in Colombo. Is it wetleased B747 from Air Atlanta? Good to see CX is already serving twice a week B74F Freighters on HKG-MAA-CMB-HKG.

I heard that SV is going to retire all its pax version of B777-200 from the fleet by the end of 2017. Wondering which aircraft would they use on Colombo route to replace retiring B777-200?
          My guess would be A333 regional

Comment

I heard that SV is going to retire all its pax version of B777-200 from the fleet by the end of 2017. Wondering which aircraft would they use on Colombo route to replace retiring B777-200?
            Yes this is a wet leased 747 from Air Atlanta Icelandic. It's pretty likely that they'd operate the A333 to CMB since they already utilize this to HYD and I've spotted it in COK too. Another option for SV would be to operate their 777-300ER to CMB
            -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Sri Lankan brothers meet each other outside Sri Lanka (In Chennai)

All credit goes to the original photographer

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                Sri Lankan brothers meet each other outside Sri Lanka (In Chennai)

All credit goes to the original photographer
                The picture must have been taken at MAA in the morning. UL122 is getting ready for take off for Colombo bound flight when UL129 touching down from Colombo. SriLankan is currently serving 5 flights a day on the daily basis from Colombo to Chennai.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                  Yes this is a wet leased 747 from Air Atlanta Icelandic. It's pretty likely that they'd operate the A333 to CMB since they already utilize this to HYD and I've spotted it in COK too. Another option for SV would be to operate their 777-300ER to CMB
                  Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                  My guess would be A333 regional
                  Thanks. Does SV own these B777-200 or are they leased aircraft?

Comment

Thanks. Does SV own these B777-200 or are they leased aircraft?
                    In all SV owns 27 Boeing 777-200ER aircraft including 4 freighters all of them being their own metal. However they are quite old with the avrage age being around 15 years with the oldest aircraft HZ-AKA being almost 20 years old!

Looks like all of them would be phased out and replaced in the near future.

SV has pending orders of 4 Boeing 787-8's as well as 4 A330-300's and 2 A320-200's
                    -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• I think SV would fly the B777-300ER. The 777-200ER which they currently operate have 350+ on economy.

Comment

• I wonder what they are doing? Is it a test flight?
                        - Boeing 737-79L Boeing Business Jet

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                          I wonder what they are doing? Is it a test flight?
                          - Boeing 737-79L Boeing Business Jet
                          Wow when did you spot this on Fr24? It looks like the aircraft returned to CMB after its departure for some reason. May be I'm wrong.

Aaqib and Azamh said there were two Air China B737BBJs visited Colombo last week.

Comment

Wow when did you spot this on Fr24? It looks like the aircraft returned to CMB after its departure for some reason. May be I'm wrong.

Aaqib and Azamh said there were two Air China B737BBJs visited Colombo last week.
                            May be technical issue or test flight?
                            One air china was without logo

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                              I think SV would fly the B777-300ER. The 777-200ER which they currently operate have 350+ on economy.
                              How many seats does A333 regional have ?

Comment

Was tracking this aircraft yesterday it took of from CMB at around 1:45pm heading to MLE no idea why it retuned back though.
                                -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

Working...
                                X