This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
    Sold...with KLM opening up...it is matter of time...

On a side note AC is building NA to South Asian connection by utilizing 787s
    AC is doubling DEL and opening up BOM...
    Thanks for the clarification on slots.

I will take AMS any day for a transit, as opposed to LHR

Very few tourists will want to transit in DEL or BOM, so I guess for AC it will be purely O&D traffic. Not sure how AC expansion will affect UL though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post

I will take AMS any day for a transit, as opposed to LHR
      Canadian and most North American Pax prefer FRA...AC/UA/LH Star Alliance hub. Second they prefer AMS...DL/KL Sky Team hub...LHR is very expensive for transit passengers..

Very few tourists will want to transit in DEL or BOM, so I guess for AC it will be purely O&D traffic. Not sure how AC expansion will affect UL though.
      Do not under estimate DEL/BOM/BLR or HYD...these airports are managed by private companies not. AAI. I have noticed including myself (who was quite hesitant) AC&LH brings pax all the way to Indian Airport and hand over the last mile to 9W or UL. I must say I was very impressed with Indian airports, transit time and overall flying time much shorter than flying via ME3 hubs. Now I will choose BOM more than DXB. CMB is very expensive thats is one of the reason CMB cannot attract and hold some of big European airlines

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        4R-MRF is not flying for last couple of days. Is it undergoing lease return checks or being painted in SriLankan livery ?
        Originally posted by shashikalakshan View Post
        4R-MRF is painting on hangar
        The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

4R-MRF is flying again. Is it wearing the UL livery now?

Comment

• 4R-MRF she hasn't any livery. It is painted as a fully white body

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines launched its full-fledged Sinhala and Tamil language options on its website www.srilankan.com to better facilitate the air travel as part of a new marketing campaign on the theme of ‘Be Sri Lankan, Fly SriLankan’.Chairman Ajith Dias launching the portal yesterday.The Sinhala and Tamil sites can be accessed from desktops, laptops, tabs or smart phones and contain all of the wide range of information and tools which the English language site does.

SriLankan Airlines launched its full-fledged Sinhala and Tamil language options on its website www.srilankan.com to better facilitate the air travel as part of a new marketing campaign on the theme of ‘Be Sri Lankan, Fly SriLankan’.Chairman Ajith Dias launching the portal yesterday.The Sinhala and Tamil sites can be accessed from desktops, laptops, tabs or smart phones and contain all of the wide range of information and tools which the English language site does. (Picture by Wimal Karunathilake)

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
              SriLankan Airlines launched its full-fledged Sinhala and Tamil language options on its website www.srilankan.com to better facilitate the air travel as part of a new marketing campaign on the theme of ‘Be Sri Lankan, Fly SriLankan’.Chairman Ajith Dias launching the portal yesterday.The Sinhala and Tamil sites can be accessed from desktops, laptops, tabs or smart phones and contain all of the wide range of information and tools which the English language site does.

http://www.dailynews.lk/2016/10/12/business/95593
              Another waste of money.

In Sri Lanka, if you can afford to fly overseas, you can read and write English.

And the unskilled workers that travel to Middle East do not make decisions on their flights or book them themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by shashikalakshan View Post
                4R-MRF she hasn't any livery. It is painted as a fully white body
                14689119_840185982785465_1143381780_o

Comment

• Wow !! Sri Lanka - USA Cargo flights !!

Etihad Cargo has signed a $20 million contract with fashion forwarder Trinity Logistics to operate a weekly B747 or B777 freighter service from Colombo, Sri Lanka to Rickenbacker airport, Ohio with a return via East Midlands airport, UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                    Another waste of money.

In Sri Lanka, if you can afford to fly overseas, you can read and write English.

And the unskilled workers that travel to Middle East do not make decisions on their flights or book them themselves.
                    UL now have both two web domains as below : -

Any idea why do they have website as : www.airlanka.com ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                      UL now have both two web domains as below : -

Any idea why do they have website as : www.airlanka.com ?
                      are they planning to go back to the old name?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                        are they planning to go back to the old name?
                        That's the last thing we need - A costly renaming exercise.

Comment

• More Theft/Fraud/Corruption/Racketeering....

Responding to the media reports published recently that the SriLankan Airlines was adding brand new A320 Neo aircraft to its fleet, the Airline today stated that these aircraft were ordered by the former management of the SriLankan Airlines under the previous Government. ..

Lots of $$$ in Commissions pocketed and undoubtedly these aircraft are leased at above market rates.

More losses for the people of Sri Lanka to absorb.

Almost 2 years since a new government was elected and not a single person is in prison and not a single Rupee has been recovered.
                          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Mihin Lanka 4R-MRF A319

Before departure MJ129

14725221_10210854008687885_621730014_o

14724138_10210854010287925_818485865_o

Comment

• Wow ! Nice latest pic ! Thanks a lot for sharing with us !

I think UL did paint the 4R-MRF in all white since its leaving Sri Lanka in next two months. Any idea when does 4R-MRD and 4R-MRE are going to be painted in UL colors ?

Comment

• The government is flexing its muscles and plans to suspend certain officials at SriLankan Airlines based on the Weliamuna Report which accused top officials and

The Weliamuna Report is just the tip of the iceberg.

If the investigation proceeds it will turn up the names of the Politicians involved in this Racket. That's why nothing will happen - just more talk imho.
                                Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Working...
                                X