This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri Lanka Aviation

Please use this thread for Sri Lanka Aviation & Airports Discussion.
    Attached Files

Here are the steps to attach images on our forum post :

1 - Click on Reply to thread
    2 - Click on Go advanced
    3 - Click on Manage attachments
    4 - Click on Add Files
    5 - Click on Basic Uploader
    6 - Upload the files from your computer

Comment

• banuthev
      banuthev commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by SHOCKWAVE View Post
      A ?? registered DC-3 is descending to BIA.
      Wow Where is it arrived from? any reason for the visit?

• SHOCKWAVE
      SHOCKWAVE commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by banuthev View Post

According to FR 24, its flight path seems to have commenced at Medan. I have no further information.

Does it require an ETOPS to fly such a route?

• SHOCKWAVE
      SHOCKWAVE commented
      Editing a comment
      Guys 4R-ABR just flew above my home and if I saw it correctly it had no UL livery on it.? Is she leaving?

Here are the steps to attach images on our forum post :

1 - Click on Reply to thread
    2 - Click on Go advanced
    3 - Click on Manage attachments
    4 - Click on Add Files
    5 - Click on Basic Uploader
    6 - Upload the files from your computer

Comment

• banuthev
      banuthev commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by SHOCKWAVE View Post
      A ?? registered DC-3 is descending to BIA.

• SHOCKWAVE
      SHOCKWAVE commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by banuthev View Post

According to FR 24, its flight path seems to have commenced at Medan. I have no further information.

Does it require an ETOPS to fly such a route?

• SHOCKWAVE
      SHOCKWAVE commented
      Editing a comment
      Guys 4R-ABR just flew above my home and if I saw it correctly it had no UL livery on it.? Is she leaving?

PIA to fly thrice a week non-stop service between Karachi and Colombo with Airbus A310-300 aircraft. Flight schedule effective from February 19, 2011.

PK874 - 1530 – 1930 - KHI-CMB 310 246
    PK875 - 2045 – 2340 - CMB-KHI 310 246

Comment

The annual Christmas programme was celebrated on the 17th of December 2010 at the Full Moon Garden Hotel.

Mr. Prasanna Wickramasuriya - Chairman, Mr. Kamal S. Ratwatte - Vice Chairman and Mr. Johanne R. Jayaratne - Executive Director of Airport & Aviation Services (Sri Lanka) Ltd were presents at the occasion.
      Get tons of informations about any domain and Whois Lookup
      http://www.whoisdomain.net/

Comment

Crystal Thai Airlines to launch operations In January -
        http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...h%20Operations %20In%20January

Comment

Gulf Air started its Bahrain-Baghdad route today with leading businessmen and VIPS including GF CEO, and Bahraini ambassador to Iraq. There will an arrival ceremony.

Wondering what were the flight loads, as Gulf Air is the only major carrier in the Arabian Gulf countries to fly to Baghdad.
          Get tons of informations about any domain and Whois Lookup
          http://www.whoisdomain.net/

Comment

Saudi Arabian Airlines B747-400 replace -300 to Colombo in Summer 2011.

Malaysia Airlines (MH) increases Colombo flights from 5 weekly to Daily, effective 28 March 2011.

Gulf Air increases Bahrain to Colombo flights from 5 weekly to Daily, effective 27 March 2011.

It appears to be Crystal Thai Airlines has dropped the plan of flying Colombo in January 2011.

Comment

SriLankan Airlines has entered into a codeshare agreement with local operator Mihin Lanka, and its code will now appear on Mihin's flights from Colombo to Dhaka, Jakarta, Male and Thiruchirapally. With the exception of Thiruchirapally, these are all new routes launched in December 2010. Source: Airlineroute.

Comment

Hello Guys,

Im new to this forum and this is my first post. I d have some wishful thinking but let me put it out for discussion purposes...

Is UL still launching flights to KOchi on March 1st 2011? If not whats the latest update on that?

I see that the Chairman and CEO havle plans for the carrier.. Any plans on them re starting and launching flights to Madurai, Coiambatore, Kozhikode, Ahamedabad, Pune, Kolkata? May be connect these cities to the middle east via CMB before Fly Dubai and Co. gets approval to start these routes.. If possible try into other tier 2 cities in India

Seoul is good idea, Id like to see Tokyo Handea, and more flights to Narita..

May be connect Jakarta, Dhaka, KUL and Singapore and launch flights into Burnei into the European flights at night.. increase freq using the new A320's.

Id love to see Mauritius and Seychelles along with Nairobi..

ZRH, GVA, MUC , MAN... Maybe get more RR powered A330's to launch these routes...

HA HA HA.. Like i said im just doing a wishful thinking.. but what do you guys think???

FREQflyER

Comment

@ Freqflyer - Welcome to the Sri Lanka Aviation Forum SriLankan's Kochi flight has now been postponed to 8th March 2011. Addtionally gulf point of point networks planned, CMB-DOH, CMB-BAH, CMB-MCT also been postponed to 27 March 2011 from Feb 2011. I believe there is a delay of getting MSN2569 : 4R-ABL, which is still in operation with Jazzeera Airways as reg : 9K-CAA. http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/9k-caa/ . I will update when any changes take place.

Yes, SriLankan has plans of introducing Madurai in its network, According to this news (http://www.hindu.com/2010/11/20/stor...2063530300.htm). I think Madurai might be launched after SriLankan receive the brandnew CFM engined MSN4694 the A320-214.

SriLankan is already codesharing with Mihin Lanka on 3 weekly Colombo to Jakarta flights. I doubt SriLankan itself will launch the Jakarta flights. Does any body know how Mihin's Colombo - Jakarta flight is performing ? see the picture of Mihin Lanka A320 in Jakarta. I surprise how this A320 (4R-MRB) flown upto 4hr 50 mins.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/29c9hth.jpg

Yes, Zurich is a good idea for SriLankan. But SriLankan is currently looking to launch flights to Moscow. Not sure Domodedovo (DME) or Sheremetyevo (SVO). I will update more details soon.

See the good looking website of SriLankan's FlySmiles : http://www.flysmiles.com/

Does any body know why still Guangzhou Flight Schedule is still missing in www.srilankan.aero. According to Amadeus, 1st flight to Guangzhou on the 28th Jan 2011. In just 5 days from today

Comment

Don't think they can make most of the routes work. I am also not confident that they'll launch MOW. CAN not appearing online is an example of the airline's ignorance. And 320 can fly 4h 50min. But I believe this route needs ETOPS, hence may take longer and incur a payload penalty.
                    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

Hi guys,

There is a thread on Airliners.net abt Srilankan in discussion with ILFC about the 6th A340-300..

Any one got any leads as to the latest info on that?

Y more A340-300's? There are 2 more A330-200's parked that were former livingston Engergy flight's Aircrafts. They could pick those up instead of bringing another A340...

What else do they have on the fleet upgrade plans??? any body got more info??? I know 1 more used A320 and 3 Brand new ones coming into the fleet.. any other than that??

FREQflyER

Comment

Originally posted by Freqflyer View Post
                        Hi guys,

There is a thread on Airliners.net abt Srilankan in discussion with ILFC about the 6th A340-300..

Any one got any leads as to the latest info on that?

Y more A340-300's? There are 2 more A330-200's parked that were former livingston Engergy flight's Aircrafts. They could pick those up instead of bringing another A340...

What else do they have on the fleet upgrade plans??? any body got more info??? I know 1 more used A320 and 3 Brand new ones coming into the fleet.. any other than that??

FREQflyER
                        MSN 381 is 10 year old ..... hope they can find a newer birds......passengers are already complaining about aging fleet.

Comment

While I dislike the A340 from an economics point of view and believe that UL is better off with 330s, I'm sure this has been a sweet deal. They were looking for a widebody to aid Moscow launch. Although they've got two more 320s already planned for delivery. So does anybody know whether this is for expansion or replacement ? A delivery next month is in very short notice and an expansion is indeed not reflected in reservation. This should be 4R-ADG. Quite sad if it'll be 4R-ADA, Asia's first A340, that is leaving. Has many nice memories with it.
                          The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

Working...
                          X