Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hainan launches PEK-BKK-CMB eff 1 AUG.
    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Yepp,

Very strange cuz I just happened to check out the Hainan website out of interest, and saw that it had a country site for Sri Lanka! I was surprised, and voila, the next day, you guys announce an actual service on here!! Well here is the schedule, though the website says that even though this is planned, its not been loaded to the GDS, so don't take this information as 100% confirmed (Maybe 85%?)

Beijing – Bangkok – Colombo eff 01AUG11
      HU7995 PEK1430 – 1845BKK2000 – 2130CMB 330 x357
      HU7996 CMB2250 – 0340+1BKK0500+1 – 1045+1PEK 330 x357

Service may be operated by Boeing 767

http://airlineroute.net/2011/03/28/hu-s11newroutes/

Comment

• Srilankan Air Taxi - second plane - C-GLKB spotted by a fan in Budapest, Hungary.

Link to airliners.net:

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
          Srilankan Air Taxi - second plane - C-GLKB spotted by a fan in Budapest, Hungary.

Link to airliners.net:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/SriLa...ada/1891761/M/
          what is the current status of c-glkb ?

Comment

• @ Skyline - Ferry flight of C-GLKB was left YYC on the 23 or 24th Mar and operated as YYC-YYQ-YFB-KEF-BUD-HER-HRG, towards Colombo. Reached Hurghada (HRG) on the 29-Mar. Currently, I do not know whether now it has been arrived at Colombo ?

Comment

• C-GLKB was supposed to detour via Male to unload some ferry tanks. Also MCT was on the flight plan.

Comment

• Today, Mahan Air (W5) A300-600 operated from Tehran (IKA) - Colombo, as a charter. Inbound flight W51073 landed in CMB at 22:30 [1-Apr-2011]. Return flight W51072 departed from CMB at 00:30 [2-Apr-2011]. Will Mahan Air / SriLankan launch schedule flights between Iran and Sri Lanka by any chance ? BTW, In the past Mahan Air operated schedule flights from Colombo to several Iranian destinations : Bandar Abbas, Tehran and Zahedan.

SriLankan is temporarily suspending the flights to Muscat from Tomarrow until 17 April 2011. It seems to be they are shortage of aircraft because of the delaying aircraft delivery of MSN2569 which is still in service with Jazeera.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                  Today, Mahan Air (W5) A300-600 operated from Tehran (IKA) - Colombo, as a charter. Inbound flight W51073 landed in CMB at 22:30 [1-Apr-2011]. Return flight W51072 departed from CMB at 00:30 [2-Apr-2011]. Will Mahan Air / SriLankan launch schedule flights between Iran and Sri Lanka by any chance ? BTW, In the past Mahan Air operated schedule flights from Colombo to several Iranian destinations : Bandar Abbas, Tehran and Zahedan.

SriLankan is temporarily suspending the flights to Muscat from Tomarrow until 17 April 2011. It seems to be they are shortage of aircraft because of the delaying aircraft delivery of MSN2569 which is still in service with Jazeera.
                  No need of launching Iran flights by UL. No traffic.
                  MSN2569 appears to be a cancelled transaction. No idea why. However, despite any shortage of A/C - they are laying over one 332 at BMOM for 20hrs today ( special WC flight ), so probably no serious shortage. A343 MSN381 made a flight out of XMN on 3/28 and was due for UL next week. However I was told by UL media relations that the delivery of this A/C has been pushed back to 2012. Not sure how true, but sounds unlikely.
                  The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Malaysia Airlines has increased its frequency to Sri Lanka from Malaysia from 5 times a week to daily flights effective March 27, 2011, to cater for the continued growth in demand between the two countries.

Dailymirror.lk– Sri Lanka 24 Hours Online Breaking News : News, Politics, Video, Finance, Business, Sports, Entertainment, Travel,breaking news, political news

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                      No need of launching Iran flights by UL. No traffic.
                      MSN2569 appears to be a cancelled transaction. No idea why. However, despite any shortage of A/C - they are laying over one 332 at BMOM for 20hrs today ( special WC flight ), so probably no serious shortage. A343 MSN381 made a flight out of XMN on 3/28 and was due for UL next week. However I was told by UL media relations that the delivery of this A/C has been pushed back to 2012. Not sure how true, but sounds unlikely.
                      Thanks Kflyer. According to SriLankan Airlines Flight Schedules, one more aircraft in use from 11th April 2011. I believe additional aircraft would be MSN 381 or MSN 2569 or both.

I did not get why SriLankan has cancelled the Muscat flights until 17th Apr. Do you know the reason for this cancellation ? BTW SriLankan is still flying UL203 in CMB-DOH-BAH-CMB = 2 weekly, UL217 in CMB-DOH-CMB = 2 weekly. I think UL217 would have been routed as UL209 (CMB-DOH-MCT-CMB or CMB-MCT-DOH-CMB).

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                        Thanks Kflyer. According to SriLankan Airlines Flight Schedules, one more aircraft in use from 11th April 2011. I believe additional aircraft would be MSN 381 or MSN 2569 or both.

I did not get why SriLankan has cancelled the Muscat flights until 17th Apr. Do you know the reason for this cancellation ? BTW SriLankan is still flying UL203 in CMB-DOH-BAH-CMB = 2 weekly, UL217 in CMB-DOH-CMB = 2 weekly. I think UL217 would have been routed as UL209 (CMB-DOH-MCT-CMB or CMB-MCT-DOH-CMB).
                        Should be ADG. ABL apparently not scheduled till May. There could be an extra 343 coming on but this is not confirmed. Better not take it serious yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                          Should be ADG. ABL apparently not scheduled till May. There could be an extra 343 coming on but this is not confirmed. Better not take it serious yet.
                          OK. MSN 381 is right now in HKG, in all white, according to Azamh from HKG. Picture of the aircraft to be posted soon in this forum.

Comment

• Sri Lanka private airline hit by road re-opening, state competition. Sri Lanka's scheduled domestic private passenger air services to the north were forced to stop after the re-opening of road travel and competition from the air force, an official said.

Comment

• Aviation industry to adopt new laws. The local aviation industry will adopt new laws to strengthen consumer protection in the industry shortly.

Comment

• Cargo operations expected to increase.

Comment

Working...
                                X