• Show
Clear All

• What has happened to Sri Lankan's plan to fly Toronto,Canada
    seems they have gave up that & working to get UL to Moscow

Comment

• Originally posted by uwe1994 View Post
      What has happened to Sri Lankan's plan to fly Toronto,Canada
      seems they have gave up that & working to get UL to Moscow
      SriLankan always intended to start serving Moscow and additional Indian destinations before starting Toronto. In fact the latest rumour is that SriLankan will codeshare with AC instead of flying there with their own planes.

Comment

• Is LHR one of those airports (like SIN) where you are supposed to go through security all over again, even if you are getting back on the same plane that you came in?

If this is the case, changing to an AC plance would not be a lot of additional inconvenience for Toronto bound passengers.

However, if LHR allows the passengers to remain on-board (like CMB or DXB), then the passengers would prefer if the same plane continues the second leg.

Comment

• A couple of Ukrainian sites are reporting that Mihin may fly to Ukraine. Ive posted a translation of one site:

Відразу декілька гравців ринку повітряних перевезень озвучили свої плани щодо початку виконання рейсів в нашу країну або розширення мережі своїх призначень з України за рахунок регіональних центрів, пише газета Экономические известия.

Comment

• China Eastern S11 = Kunming – Colombo – Male 3 weekly Boeing 737 service continues operation (source: airlineroute)

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
              A couple of Ukrainian sites are reporting that Mihin may fly to Ukraine. Ive posted a translation of one site:
              I cant believe this,can a budget airline like MJ reach such a distant destination?????????
              are they going to be a full frills airline??

Comment

• @ Uwe1994 - MJ is already a full frill LCC airline, as far as I know. Source. I doubt that CMB-KBP route has got enough yield also competition comes from PS as it is presently operating two weekly out of CMB. Even though if MJ has decided to fly KBP they will extend the two weekly CMB-DXB flight, using A321. I would recommend MJ to fly CMB-KWI-BEY route, which was operated by UL in 2000/1.

@ Cayman - I havnt heard anything about UL leasing B777, yet. In my opinion UL need a couple of B772ERs as an addition. Ageing A343s could be replaced when B787 or A350 are become available.

@ CalgaryLankan & Longranger - Thanks for posting the updates of PS and MU. It is definately a good news that they are continuing to fly out of CMB. I am glad that they did not discontinue the CMB flights unlike OK and CY.

As per 20-Mar GDS Timetable Display, Air India (AI) starts Chennai to Colombo flights from 27 March 2011. MAA Departure : 14:15 - CMB Arrival : 15:35 - CMB Departure : 16:35 - MAA Arrival - 18:00, Flight Number : AI273/4. Days of Operation : 1,2,4,5,6,7. A321 aircraft.

Comment

• I didn't know Mahan air is operating flights from Tehran to Colombo

Mahan Air 747 to Colombo

Iran’s Mahan Air currently operates Boeing 747-400 aircraft on 1 weekly Tehran – Colombo service. Schedule as follows:

W51073 IKA1200 – 1830CMB 744 5
                  W51072 CMB2030 – 0115+1IKA 744 5

Routes is the home of the world’s leading aviation network development conferences and events. Plus aviation news and features, and profiles of global airlines and airports.

Comment

• @ Uwe1994 - Thanks. Presently, W5-Web and GDS does not show any direct flights between Iran and CMB. BTW the timetable you posted was valid between 19 Mar 2010 – 02 Apr 2010 for W5-Charter. But in the past W5 operated 3 weekly schedule flights from Bandar Abbas (BND) to Colombo (CMB) and after terminated.

FlyDubai (FZ) has increased Colombo flights from 4 to 5 weekly from 16th Feb 2011.

UL to continue NRT flights with no interruption. News.

Comment

• Oman Air - increasing service to CMB from 5 per week to daily service; (source - airlineroute.net)

Muscat – Colombo eff 01JUN11 Service further increase from 4 weekly to Daily. Previously the airline planned to increase flight to 6 weekly, along with Male in the Maldives (Male increase from 4 to 5 weekly)

WY373 MCT0145 – 0720CMB 738 3
                      WY373 MCT1000 – 1535CMB 738 7

WY374 CMB0820 – 1050MCT 738 3
                      WY374 CMB1635 – 1905MCT 738 7

WY371 MCT0025 – 0600CMB0725 – 0800MLE0900 – 1130MCT 332 1
                      WY371 MCT0025 – 0600CMB0725 – 0800MLE0900 – 1130MCT 333 45
                      WY381 MCT1030 – 1515MLE1615 – 1815CMB1945 – 2215MCT 333 26

Comment

• Air India Returns to Sri Lanka

Comment

• Good news WY is expanding flights from CMB. Couple of weeks ago I flown on WY381 CMB-MCT-MLE-CMB on A333. Pax in the WY381 was 87% and most of the pax was in the aircraft were from Europe taking transit in MCT.

@ CalgaryLankan - Looking forward to see C-GLKB in CMB. Is it still in YYC ?

Does any body know is there any changes on UL's NRT Summer-2011 flights ? Airlineroute shows that UL461 flight from NRT will be operating via BKK instead of MLE, on the 24-March-2011.

Comment

• C-GLKB on its way to CMB. Left YYC at 1.05 PM local time.

Flightaware will have route until Iqualit.

I had chance to see C-GLKB yesterday at the Ken Borek hanger.

Some pictures are posted in the flickr. They have 2 large tanks and 2 smaller tanks in the middle of the a/c for extra range. The 2 ferry pilots are somewhat confined to the cockpit due to this arrangement. No washroom, but some temporary arrangement. Aircraft will be in CMB on March 31st.

Comment

• C-GLKB on its way to CMB. Left YYC at 1.05 PM local time.

Flightaware will have route until Iqualit.

I had chance to see C-GLKB yesterday at the Ken Borek hanger.

Some pictures are posted in the flickr. They have 2 large tanks and 2 smaller tanks in the middle of the a/c for extra range. The 2 ferry pilots are somewhat confined to the cockpit due to this arrangement. No washroom, but some temporary arrangement. Aircraft will be in CMB on March 31st.

Comment

• Aerosvit to Colombo in Winter 2011

Kiev based passenger airline, Aerosvit (VV) has announced that Colombo will be launched in their network on the 22nd October 2011. The service will operate as nonstop, twise weekly on Mondays and Saturdays using Boeing 767-33A/ER.

Currently, UIA Ukraine Airlines (PS) is the only carrier that operates between Kiev and Colombo, via Abu Dhabi - a two weekly schedule flights with a B737. According to the GDS dated 25-March-2011, UIA Ukraine Airlines is also will continue flying to Colombo in Winter 2011, while Mihin Lanka plans for Kiev route.

Flight Schedule

Kiev [KBP] - Colombo [CMB]
                                VV175 - 15:00 - 02:10+1 - Days 1.6 - Duration 08:40

Colombo [CMB] - Kiev [KBP]
                                VV176 - 03:40 - 09:10+0 - Days 7 - Duration 09:00
                                VV176 - 04:40 - 10:10+0 - Days 2 - Duration 09:00

Comment

Working...
                                X