Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ CalgaryLankan - Any news when C-GLKB leaving YYC ? Any more pictures ?
    The aircraft is ready, but it seems UL is delaying the delivery due to some readiness issues at their end. My understanding is still these aircrafts are operating from Koggala which may not be practical. Maye be they are dragging until the local govt elections are over. As someone else commented, even C-FBBA is not being fully utilized. The fisherman protest seems to be one part, but overall poorly planned project. Sad thing is whether used or not,they need to pay owners bills for the lease.

Comment

On UL's plans for Toronto, as a Sri Lankan living in Canada, I love to see UL flights to Toronto, but I am think UL must first regain lost markets like ZRH, AMS, SYD/MEL. Right now people in North America does not have lot of connection options from Europe. Flights to YYZ will not mean everybody in Canada or eastern US will fly to YYZ to catch UL flight to CMB via LHR. Just my personal opinion......

Comment

381 is currently being painted - so should be for delivery later this month or maybe early apr11.
        2569 is still in svc with Jazeera - so earliest delivery for apr11.

Comment

MSN381 was always planned for an April EIS.
          As far as I am aware, C-FBBA is not operating any revenue service.
          An A333 cannot do CMB-NRT without a penalty.
          The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
            Edelweiss Air resuming flights to CMB via Male

Zurich – Male – Colombo – Zurich Service operates 2 weekly. 1 of 2 weekly service operates opposite routing
            LX8068 ZRH1640 – 0645+1CMB0745+1 – 0850+1MLE1020+1 – 1645+1ZRH 333 5
            LX8062 ZRH1840 – 0805+1MLE0935+1 – 1140+1CMB1240+1 – 1905ZRH 333 1
            Nice!! If it's the A333, then it's their newest aircraft which came into operation on the 1st of this March!! Hmm sounds like they're expecting Sri Lanka and the Maldives to be a priority market, even though it's only twice a week.

Comment

Anybody aware any plans from srilankan airlines to start direct flights to australia?

Comment

SriLankans will fly to Toronto, Canada for the first time from October. The Airlines will fly seven times per week with a stopover in London’s Heathrow.

Comment

Sri Lanka government abandons Negombo lagoon sea plane project

Comment

Great news !!! SriLankan Airlines to fly YYZ to serve the large Sri Lankan population in Canada. But ... does any body know if Sri Lanka has completed the bilateral negotiations (air) with a Canadian Authorities ? Secondly I doubt that SriLankan could increase London Heathrow flights to 21 weekly because of a slot problems ... It makes me think some of the London flights would be operated to London Gatwick.

@ SLAA - Edelweiss Air resuming Colombo flights on the 1st November 2011 until 23 March 2012. Good to hear brand new A333 to be used in CMB route.

Comment

It's good if UL fly YYZ via Gatwik,Because there are no flights to to Canada via Gatwik,as I know BA operated some flights to Toronto from Gatwik,but now they have ceased their operations from LGW.If UL is planing to fly via LGW that's a vice decisions,

Comment

SriLankan Airlines Middle East S11 Changes

Routes is the home of the world’s leading aviation network development conferences and events. Plus aviation news and features, and profiles of global airlines and airports.

Comment

As per a source at UL media dept, they will not operate services to YYZ but will instead codeshare. I cannot confirm or deny this, but it sounds more likely.
                          The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

@ Kflyer - Yes, it is sounds like UL will codeshare, with AC via LHR. Operate the own aircraft to YYZ will be costlier for UL but codeshare also will provide UL-pax to fly more points in Canada in one-stop transit. UL now need to find more slots in LHR as far as I know LHR is the only UK destination for AC. At the same time it will be better if UL provide nonstop flights to LHR instead of operate some flights via MLE. May be UL flights which operate via MLE could be operated to LGW.

Comment

Nice!!!! when will the new 320 coming???
                              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

@ Umedhah - A new A320 - MSN4694 was planned for the delivery in June 2011 as airbus's aircraft deliveries now have only reached upto 4636. An A320 assembly takes about a month. Therefore we can expect the delivery of MSN4694 on the already planned date. MSN2569 is due for last week of March-2011 as same as MSN381.

As you know MSN2569 is going to allow UL to resume COK and to expand capacity on BAH and MCT. Does any body know how MSN4694 will be utilised ? Any chance of de-link the current DXB-KWI and KUL-SIN ?

Comment

Working...
                                X