Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I already mentioned here, Aerosvit will be launching its Kiev-Colombo flights , effective 22nd October 2011. Previously, the airline said that they will fly the two weekly flights to Colombo on the Mondays and Saturdays. Now they are loading an additional flight on Wednesdays between Kiev and Colombo for period October 2011 - March 2012.

Aerosvit already has sold most of the Colombo's flight tickets for Winter 2011 season and it seems to be Aerosvit has a very good demand out of Colombo service. I hope they will continue their Colombo service even after March 2012. Booking Fare for Kiev-Colombo return ticket is $784 (variable).

Aerosvit (VV) Flight Schedule for period 22nd October 2011 to March 2012.

15:00 - 03:10 - VV0175 - B767 - KBP-CMB - 1.3.6 (CMB landing on days : 2.4.7)

04.40 - 10:10 - VV0176 - B767 - CMB-KBP - 2.7
    04.40 - 11:10 - VV0176 - B767 - CMB-KBP - 4

source: Flight Schedule, Amadeus, Aerosvit.com

Comment

• Is a beautifoul plane. How many A340 have Sri Lankan? Wich route operates with these planes?

Here in Venezuela, the state airline only have one A340-200, wich operates Maiquetia-Damasco and Maiquetia-Buenos Aires. This is our plane :

Comment

• @ JDFD - Its great to see the CN31 (YV-1004), which was constructed along with our SriLankan's A340s - CN32, CN33, CN34, CN36 in 1993s. SriLankan (previously called as Air Lanka) is the first ever air-carrier to operate A340 in South East Asia and I am glad to know you liked our SriLankan A340. BTW SriLankan operates 3 x A340-313 and 3 x A340-313X. First three -313s are older planes - and there is a rumour that they will be replaced with 3 x B772ERs. A couple of -313X were leased in 2003 and they are to be refurbished with flat beds as well as a new IFEs in November and December 2011. Our 6th A340 (243 seater) was leased from ILFC in May 2011 and it already has flat beds.

SriLankan - A340s are being used for flights from Colombo to London (LHR), Paris (CDG), Frankfurt (FRA), Rome (FCO), Milano (MXP), Kuwait (KWI), Jeddah (JED), Riyadh (RUH), Dammam (DMM), Dubai (DXB), Doha (DOH), Malé (MLE), Chennai (MAA), Bangkok (BKK), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Singapore (SIN), Hong Kong (HKG), Guangzhou (CAN), Shanghai (PVG), Beijing (PEK) and Tokyo (NRT).

Comment

• They have very varied routes. Your A340 was purchased directly from Airbus, or bought from other airlines?

Grettings and thanks for these very completed answer!

Comment

• Thanks for the nice photos Banu. Our new ADG' A340-300 Name near the cockpit looks different compared to other 340 / 330s. Am i right??
            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
              It is Engines Turning Or Passengers Swimming. And no, GA8 is not ETOPS.
              pax swimming is when overwater . over-land, it becomes a giant glider .

Comment

• @ JDFD - SriLankan bought four A340s directly from Airbus in 1993, but in 2007 three of them were sold and leased-back from Mauritian based aircraft lessor Veling Ltd, to free up the capital. One of the A340 bought from Airbus was written off in 2001. Remaining three A340s are from ILFC and other lessors.

@ Umedhah - Yes, name on the 4R-ADG did not print correctly. See the difference on the pictures below ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                  First three -313s are older planes - and there is a rumour that they will be replaced with 3 x B772ERs.
                  I thought the rumour was regarding 773ERs? 772ERs would have to be bought as used aircraft from other airlines (eg CX and SQ) AFAIK?

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                    I thought the rumour was regarding 773ERs? 772ERs would have to be bought as used aircraft from other airlines (eg CX and SQ) AFAIK?
                    An airline can order 777-200ERs from the line if they wish. It's still a production model. Just that nobody does these days.
                    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• and am not sure how to go, but there is news that some South Asian Airline is scouting the stored B 777-200 or SQ (the NON ERs) as well as the 777-200ERs of SQ which are being replaced by the A330-300s ..

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
                        and am not sure how to go, but there is news that some South Asian Airline is scouting the stored B 777-200 or SQ (the NON ERs) as well as the 777-200ERs of SQ which are being replaced by the A330-300s ..
                        SQ is having trouble selling those T7s; hopefully its not UL that is the interested party but Biman.... Those T7s have high cycles and the interior is also needs rework....

Comment

• Biman banks on Boeing http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=193611

Comment

• The new Chief Executive Officer of SriLankan Airlines Kapila Chandrasena said that he will work on common synergies to promote both SriLankan and Mihin Lanka.

(SS) http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/07/11/bus25.asp

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
                              SQ is having trouble selling those T7s; hopefully its not UL that is the interested party but Biman.... Those T7s have high cycles and the interior is also needs rework....
                              Thought Biman picked up ..

and the stored T7s are non-ER ..

and last I read Biman has no $ to get new build ..

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
                                Thought Biman picked up ..

and the stored T7s are non-ER ..

and last I read Biman has no $ to get new build ..
                                They are ERs. Just derated. Can be easily uprated, which SQ apparently plans to do for its LCC operation.
                                The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

Working...
                                X