Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great statistics you show here of Sri Lankan carrier v/s Gulf Carriers. It is very interesting. You have a great idea about it.
    ground service equipment

Comment

• Deccan’s GA8 Airvan takes to the skies on its maiden flight

Comment

• Comment

• MSN4915 will be 4R-ABO http://airlineindustryreview.com/sri...-list-updated/
          The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• As per 07JUL11 GDS timetable and inventory display, Oman Air from 30OCT11 is adjusting operation to Colombo and Male, where both routes will be operating as terminator flight. http://airlineroute.net/2011/07/07/wy-cmbmle-w11/

Comment

• Technical glitch grounds Saudia flight in Colombo

Get the latest breaking news and headlines from the largest Arab News website. Get world news, sport news, business news, entertainment, lifestyle, video and photos.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                    Deccan’s GA8 Airvan takes to the skies on its maiden flight
                    GA 8 is a great rough field performance plane ..

My only beef with the GA 8, is, with a single engine, it is fully ETOPS (Engine Turning or Passenger Shivering)

I am waiting for a bad weather flight, at low altitude, and no pressurisation .. That'll be fun ..

Oh yes, I have had a lot of commuter flights, in Twotters, Islanders, C402s, and also on Turbo Porters .. and loved it .. when the sky was clear and there was more than one engine turning ..

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
                      I am waiting for a bad weather flight, at low altitude, and no pressurisation .. That'll be fun ..
                      Accompanied with a bit of a gliding thrown in too eh? .....

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post

My only beef with the GA 8, is, with a single engine, it is fully ETOPS (Engine Turning or Passenger Shivering)

Oh yes, I have had a lot of commuter flights, in Twotters, Islanders, C402s, and also on Turbo Porters .. and loved it .. when the sky was clear and there was more than one engine turning ..
                        It is Engines Turning Or Passengers Swimming. And no, GA8 is not ETOPS.
                        The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• SriLankan cabin upgrades from August 2011

SriLankan would thus have eight long-haul aircraft with Flat Bed Seats-five A330's and three A340's. http://www.isria.com/pages/8_July_2011_76.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyline View Post
                            SriLankan cabin upgrades from August 2011

SriLankan's long-haul fleet upgrades will include Flat Bed Seats and the latest AVOD (Audio Video On Demand) entertainment systems in the Business Class cabin. The upgrades will begin in August, states SriLankan Airlines.
                            Thanks for the Press Release. But is it badly worded or is it a fact that only business class will be getting the new AVOD IFE system? If so, then they are going to alienate their economy class passengers pretty badly by doing that (and expect them to move to other airlines such as EK which give decent IFE).

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                              Thanks for the Press Release. But is it badly worded or is it a fact that only business class will be getting the new AVOD IFE system? If so, then they are going to alienate their economy class passengers pretty badly by doing that (and expect them to move to other airlines such as EK which give decent IFE).
                              Price conscious travelers from areas like these are unlikely to choose a carrier over IFE. I can assure you that it will have no impact at all. Having said that, I have no idea whether they will upgrade Y class IFE or not. The new config for 332s would be 18J/251Y.

Comment

• Soaring over Sri Lanka

Comment

Working...
                                X