Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the update Kflyer, Ojas, Max …

SriLankan Airlines’s Mumbai flight reduction is surprising me as Sri Lanka already has signed the air-bilateral agreement with India in order to increase more flights to Indian Routes. Perhaps GDS is not showing the UL145/6 flight schedule due to the system glitch or it could be a temporary reduction. As far as I heard, SriLankan Airlines is planning to re-schedule the UL145’s flight schedule to the peak hours Colombo takeoff. On the other hand, the current frequency of UL145/6 are to be increased from 3 to 6 weekly to facilitate the total number of Mumbai service from 10 to 13 weekly in Winter 2011. It seems like more changes are coming in the pipeline for SriLankan Airlines in the Winter 2011. We will need to wait for at least couple of weeks until the schedules loaded fully in GDS.

SriLankan Airlines has made a changes on the Moscow flight timings as per 1-Jul GDS display. Previously UL531 was due to depart Colombo at 07:30 hours now it has changed to 12:00 hours. Moscow Demodedevo departure at redeye hours.

SriLankan, Moscow Demodedevo planned New Flight Schedule, effective 15-September-2011.

UL531 - 12:00 - 15:00 - A320 - CMB-DXB - 4.6
    UL531 - 16:00 - 21:10 - A320 - DXB-DME - 4.6

UL532 - 22:30 - 03:30 - A320 - DME-DXB - 4.6
    UL532 - 04:30 - 10:30 - A320 - DXB-CMB - 5.7

Deccan Aviation Lanka was acquired a 7 or 8 seater - GippsAero GA8 on the 22nd April 2011. She is an ex-VH-IOS has registered in Sri Lanka as 4R-DLZ. Using this GA8, Deccan Aviation Lanka has started a flight operation to Wirawila on the 26th June and to Jaffna on the 27th June 2011. However the new flight schedule of Jaffna and Wirawila are still missing on Deccan Lanka's http://www.simplifly.com/

Comment

• Is sri lankan airline accept the CPL imr with external IT degree from university of Moratuwa as a quelification for the cadet pilots without A/L?

Comment

• Hello friends, I'm G.Perera.I'm 20 years old. I want to be a profetional pilot and work with Sri Lankan airlines whole life . I belive,I have that colour and mor porsonal skills. I passed O/L with 2A's,5B's and 3C's. I did veluble extra curiculam activities at shool. But I haven't A/L. I'll start PPL next month. If i complete CPL,IMR with external IT degree from university of Moratuwa or Colombo, Is Sri Lankan airline accept the external degree as a quelification fot their cadet pilots? If anyone can help me to find the answer for it,please reply to this or mail at pereragothami@yahoo.com as soon as posible.
        Thank You!

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines added yet another aircraft with the acquisition of a four-engined wide-body Airbus A340 on May 22, expanding its fleet to 19.

Comment

• Sri Lanka state-run airport firm profits up 40-pct

Comment

• Colombo airport aerial view http://www.flickr.com/photos/calflie...n/photostream/

ER-ICS http://www.flickr.com/photos/calflie...n/photostream/

IL62 http://www.flickr.com/photos/calflie...n/photostream/

REF: Calflier
              Last edited by skyline; 03-07-2011, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Philippines sets air talks with Sri Lanka

The Philippines is seeking to sign at least three more “open skies” deals with its neighbors in a bid to boost tourism and trade with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region. The Civil

Comment

• SRILANKAN AIRLINES’ AIR FARES SLASHED

SriLankan Airlines today (July 04) announced an attractive, flexible air fare plan to provide a more competitive range of fares for flights from Colombo to many of its destinations in its global network

Comment

• Construction of Sri Lanka's second airport runway completed, government says

Comment

• Long Haul
                      05 Jul, 2011 07:12:31

Sri Lanka carrier seeks Boeing long-haul aircraft

July 5, 2011 (LBO) - Sri Lanka's state-run national carrier SriLankan Airlines has sought a quote from US-based Boeing aircraft to replace its ageing long-haul Airbus fleet, but the European aircraft maker is also in the running, an official said.
                      SriLankan Airlines chairman Nishantha Wickremasinghe said the supplier of its new long haul fleet will also have to arrange the sale of "three or four" of its older A340 aircraft. The airline was looking at acquiring Boeing 777 aircraft.

"I sent a letter to them last week, indicating them to offer some aircraft and swap with our aircraft," Wickremasinghe said.

"If Boeing can arrange for somebody to buy the ageing aircraft cost-wise it will be cheaper.

"We have told the same thing to Airbus. I have ageing Airbuses that I want to replace with a younger fleet of aircraft."

SriLankan Airlines has already started to replace its short haul fleet. In May it took delivery of one brand new Airbus. Another three are due in September and October 2010 and April 2012.

Three aircraft are leased from US-based Air Lease Corporation and the fourth from CIT also US based, officials said earlier.

Interesting times ahead for UL. Looks like a deal could be announced soon.
                      Last edited by lordvader; 05-07-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• The COSCAP-SA office was formally handed over to Bangladesh from Sri Lanka for the next five years.

Cooperative Development of Operational Safety and Continuing Airworthiness Programme, South Asia (COSCAP-SA)

Bangladesh's largest news publisher by reach - 24/7, bilingual; content opened to public on 23 Oct 2006

Comment

• A Top level delegation from the Guangzhou College of Civil Aviation China to visit Sri Lanka

Comment

• Senok Air orders two AS350 helicopters

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                              Sri Lanka carrier seeks Boeing long-haul aircraft

July 5, 2011 (LBO) - Sri Lanka's state-run national carrier SriLankan Airlines has sought a quote from US-based Boeing aircraft to replace its ageing long-haul Airbus fleet, but the European aircraft maker is also in the running, an official said.
                              SriLankan Airlines chairman Nishantha Wickremasinghe said the supplier of its new long haul fleet will also have to arrange the sale of "three or four" of its older A340 aircraft. The airline was looking at acquiring Boeing 777 aircraft.

Interesting times ahead for UL. Looks like a deal could be announced soon.
                              Just don't see them filling a 777... Weren't all 340/330's sold and leased back? Should be just a case of dumping them back to the leaser when they get new air craft. The story doesn't make much sense at all, but this is coming from LBO who have a tad more credibility than the usual SL media.

If they are talking new aircraft directly with the manufacturers that means they want to order directly or get the manufacturers to finance the deal which also doesn't fit with their late strategy of leasing.

That said, I hope they go for A330-300s...

Comment

• Sri Lankan New Cargo office in Hambantota

Comment

Working...
                                X