This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
    Sorry, but I am very certain that it is an impossible goal unless they plan to buy all Cessna caravans. I am not saying that there is no demand to fill 50 a/c, but even if it did, UL won't be able to achieve that target without a considerable capital injection from the investors.
    There is a possibility fleet size reaching 50 by 2015, because Sri Lankan receives external financial support.

Sri Lankan already in a massive expansion.

Tourism remains one of the key part of Sri Lankan Economy. It automatically pushes Colombo to expand Sri Lankan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
      I told here first regarding Sri Lankan planned flights to Vietnam & Philippines

After some time back after my statement officially announced that flights between Sri Lanka & Vietnam and Sri Lanka & Philippines will resume.
      They havent announced the flights yet. Only the bilaterals have been signed. We still have to wait and see whether any airline starts flying to these destinations. As such your statement hasnt been proven yet (although I do think your statement makes sense).

Originally posted by Max View Post
      There is a possibility fleet size reaching 50 by 2015, because Sri Lankan receives external financial support.

Tourism remains one of the key part of Sri Lankan Economy. It automatically pushes Colombo to expand Sri Lankan.
      SriLankan shed its fleet after the EK deal ended. So the expansion isnt a 'massive expansion'. No disrespect to you, but I doubt SriLankan could expand their fleet from 19 aircraft to 50 aircraft within three years. They havent even placed any fleet orders yet in order to support such growth. Plus as a state owned company, the risk would be too great to bear for the government.

Comment

Are you absolutely sure that launching new routes with two weekly frequencies is called a "massive expansion" ? What to term the kind of expansion QR and EK are doing then?
        I really appreciate what UL is doing and I am very happy about your spirit towards UL, but exaggerating a company's progress than what it really is, only sets the bar at an unrealistic height and in the longer term only hurts the brand when those expectations are not met. That has put many brands into shame - even while the brand has not been doing that at all - and the state newspapers have already carried it too far away with their filmsy reporting.
        The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

External financing from whom i'd be delighted to know...... Given what happened with EK any external financing organization will not touch UL with a ten feet pole. The sad state of affairs is UL have to finance all their aircraft which is why all new ones are being leased in case that has escaped you.

UL is building up its market primarily off regional traffic to India which is not really a massive expansion. Tourism might be on the rise but really not in the scale for UL to indulge in a fleet expansion a la EK you believe in or have been led to believe. I would love CMB to become a major hub with UL as a major player but that boat has long since sailed.....

Comment

• To lordvader + Kflyer + LukeSkywalker

Let’s take a wait and see approach….

Comment

• Sri Lanka airline catering unit listing shelved.

Comment

• Sri Lanka air taxi on honeymoon flight

Comment

To lordvader + Kflyer + LukeSkywalker

Indeed. But you might not be aware that top officials at SriLankan management do read this thread :-)
                  The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                    Indeed. But you might not be aware that top officials at SriLankan management do read this thread :-)
                    You might be surprised, if you know, who am I……

You need to know Aviation ministry more powerful then the SriLankan management

If Aviation ministry wants they can bring any changes to the SriLankan management

Yes, I know there are big shots in this form…

Comment

To lordvader + Kflyer + LukeSkywalker

Yes, thats the best way!

Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                      I wasnt aware that UL personnel actually read this forum!

Originally posted by Max View Post

If Aviation ministry wants they can bring any changes to the SriLankan management

Im assuming you work for the Aviation Ministry then (or you know someone who does)?

Anyway are we going to see more widebodies (A330/A340 etc) added onto UL's fleet anytime soon? And is Mihin going to expand soon to some new destinations? It is currently way too small for a LCC. AirAsia ordered 200 A320s last week (although Im not expecting MJ to place a similar order!).

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                        Im assuming you work for the Aviation Ministry then (or you know someone who does)?

Anyway are we going to see more widebodies (A330/A340 etc) added onto UL's fleet anytime soon? And is Mihin going to expand soon to some new destinations? It is currently way too small for a LCC. AirAsia ordered 200 A320s last week (although Im not expecting MJ to place a similar order!).
                        Too much personal info on a public forum, not good. I think you also know that very well.

Both Airlines expanding their operations but slowly….

We can say - Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.

Better times ahead…

Comment

I can assure that you're neither CAA DG or UL CEO. Both of them are much more busy. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                            Yes, thats the best way!

I wasnt aware that UL personnel actually read this forum!

Likely yes. But no guarantees about what could change after 1 Aug.

Comment

• New article on UL: http://airlineindustryreview.com/wha...-to-srilankan/

Comment

• UL is reducing CMB - BOM from 10 weekly to daily from 1st August 2011. From 2nd week of July 10 weekly reduces to 8 weekly and from 1st August it reduces to daily.UL will have 60 weekly flights to India from August 2011.
                                Last edited by Ojas; 30-06-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X