This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max View Post
    Ambassador Weeratunga said that from 15th September, SriLankan national carrier will commence flying from Colombo to Moscow. There will be two flights per week, every Thursdays and Saturdays. SriLankan will take off from Colombo to Moscow on Thursday evening and from Moscow to Colombo on Saturday evening.

In the beginning he said, for two months SriLankan flights will fly via Dubai and from October will operate direct flights from Colombo to Moscow. The direct flight will take 8.15 flying hours.

In the beginning the SriLankan flights will fly via Dubai and will fly A 320, which needs a stopover halve way. In October, SriLankan is planning to fly directly the Airbus 330 /340.

Sri Lankan Ambassador further said that Russian national carrier Aeroflot will start flying Boeing 777 to Colombo from 27 October. Aeroflot will also fly regularly two flights a week to Colombo.

The Ambassador also said that last year Sri Lankan President was in Ukraine and during that visit it was agreed with Viktor Fedorovych Yanukovych - Ukraine President to fly Ukrainian flights to Colombo on a regular basis. Accordingly the Ambassador said last year from 13 November, Yanukovych arranged to fly Ukraine international Airlines, two regular flights from Kiev per week to Colombo via Abu Dhabi.

Furthermore Ambassador Weeratunga revealed that Ukranians are also starting to fly another airline called Aerosvit and they are planning commence in October two direct flights a week, regularly from Kiev to Colombo.

According to available statistics in the past five years, the total Ukrainian tourists to Colombo for a year were only 452, but now it is more than 10,000 tourists, Ambassador said.

http://www.asiantribune.com/news/201...int-petersburg
    Initially the plan was to operate a nonstop flight seasonally, but this is not yet reflected on the GDS. Also, SU is flying Il-96 here, not 777s.
    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Hainan

Is Hainan PEK - BKK - CMB is still on? I checked Hainan website and nothing in the online reservation system.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
        Is Hainan PEK - BKK - CMB is still on? I checked Hainan website and nothing in the online reservation system.
        Ya even i try to book it couldn't book even travel agent doesn't have any info about it.

Comment

• You can find Colombo schedule here at their online time table.

http://global.hnair.com/en/imgfile/Schedule_en.PDF

Comment

• Air Arabia Holidays for Lankans

Dailymirror.lk– Sri Lanka 24 Hours Online Breaking News : News, Politics, Video, Finance, Business, Sports, Entertainment, Travel,breaking news, political news

Comment

• Today, 4R-ADG has operated for a special flight as UL1531 to transport Sri Lanka president Mahinda Rajapaksa to Pulkovo International Airport in St Petersburg. http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...08239186CH.php

@ CalgaryLankan - Yes, I was also wondering why Hainan has not included Colombo in the reservation yet. I have sent the email to Hainan regarding the Colombo Flight Reservation, so I will post here once I received their reply. BTW airlineroute.net states that Hainan also plans to operate Shenzhen - Colombo route by the end of 2011. http://airlineroute.net/2011/06/16/hu-szx-s11/

Comment

• Sri Lankan Airlines to increase frequency from Tiruchi

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                  Today, 4R-ADG has operated for a special flight as UL1531 to transport Sri Lanka president Mahinda Rajapaksa to Pulkovo International Airport in St Petersburg. http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...08239186CH.php

@ CalgaryLankan - Yes, I was also wondering why Hainan has not included Colombo in the reservation yet. I have sent the email to Hainan regarding Colombo Flight Reservation. So I will post here once I received their reply. BTW airlineroute.net states that Hainan also plans to operate Shenzhen - Colombo route by the end of 2011. http://airlineroute.net/2011/06/16/hu-szx-s11/
                  Thanks Banu

Comment

• AI is reducing MAA - CMB from 6 weekly to 3 weekly till 30th September. Effective 1st October 2011 it goes back to 6 weekly again.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines yesterday announced it would resume flights to Zurich in Switzerland from December 23.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines has signed a long-term Collective Agreement with its Aircraft Engineers’ union, strengthening its efforts to position Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) as a regional hub for aircraft maintenance.

Comment

• Mihin Lanka may launch daily flights to Bangladesh, if the current passenger traffic maintained or further increasing.

Air China considering flights to Colombo.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines (UL) has confirmed that they will increase Trichy (TRZ) flights from the current 10 weekly to 13 weekly , effective 6th July 2011 until 31st July 2011. Additional flights are to be operated on days Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays for UL133/4 flight, will be operated by A320s and most of the flights will have the all-economy class seat configuration. SriLankan's Trichy return flight offers LKR 21100.00 (variable) exc taxes.

Presently, SriLankan and Mihin Lanka are the only carriers dominate the Colombo -Trichy route when SriLankan operates 10 weekly and Mihin Lanka operates 5 weekly. Therefore SriLankan Airlines has plans to increase more flights to Trichy and to other India destinations when receive each new A320s, which are due to be delivered at Colombo in September (4R-ABN), October (4R-ABP) and April 2012 (4R-ABQ). (source: LBO & airline-industry-review)

The Hindu newspaper said recently Sri Lankan air-carriers are enjoying the Trichy route because the average load factor on the flights in the sector hovers around 80 per cent, making it one of the profitable routes for the airlines.

On the other hand, Passenger ferry services resumed between Sri Lanka and India recently, after a gap of 28/30 years, snapped due to ethnic conflict on the island. 'Scotia Prince' is a 1,044 capacity ferry with nine decks docked into Colombo harbour signalling the resumption of sea travel between the two nations, which was disrupted by insurgency. According to a report in The Press Trust Of India, the first ferry carrying around 200 passengers steamed into the port to mark an official ceremony on the occasion. (source : The Hindu).

Sri Lanka has more plans to increase the tranportation with India via air and sea , in the future.

Here is the SriLankan's Trichy Flight Schedule as per GDS.

UL131 - 07:30 - 08:30 - A320 - CMB-TRZ - Daily
                            UL133 - 11:15 - 12:15 - A320 - CMB-TRZ - Day : 3 (effec 6-Jul until 31-Jul)
                            UL133 - 12:00 - 13:00 - A320 - CMB-TRZ - Days : 1,2,4
                            UL133 - 12:00 - 13:00 - A320 - CMB-TRZ - Days : 5,6 (effec 8-Jul until 31-Jul)

UL132 - 09:20 - 10:20 - A320 - TRZ-CMB - Daily
                            UL134 - 13:05 - 14:05 - A320 - TRZ-CMB - Day : 3 (effec 6-Jul until 31-Jul)
                            UL134 - 13:50 - 14:50 - A320 - TRZ-CMB - Days : 1,2,4
                            UL134 - 13:50 - 14:50 - A320 - TRZ-CMB - Days : 5,6 (effec 8-Jul until 31-Jul)

Comment

• Tourist arrivals up http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/06/18/news14.asp

Sri Lanka needs to fast-track Mattala aviation fuel terminal http://www.asiantribune.com/news/201...-fuel-terminal
                              Last edited by skyline; 19-06-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Pakistan - Air Force Ilyushin Il-78MP, R10-002 in SL

Overview of CMB Cargo Ramp

REF Serge Dejonckheere

Comment

Working...
                                X