X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max View Post
    US $900 million for three A320 aircraft

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_...de_title=27401
    You could buy 3 A380's outright with 900 million $ ....

Comment

• Good to see Zurich is back and the fact that the article mentions AVOD probably means the refurbishment of the widebodies will be complete by December. Also Ive noted that in the article in the above post, the minister says that more A330s will be ordered. I think $300 million would be over the 12 year lease or so. Either that or someone doesnt have their facts right.

The following page claims UL will have a daily flight into SYD by 2015, although his sources seem to be non existent (and some of his listed routes seem weird): http://www.railpage.com.au/f-p1541756.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
        You could buy 3 A380's outright with 900 million $ ....
        Exactly, there is something seriously wrong with the numbers coming out of UL. This is the second time we heard unrealistically high numbers.

Comment

• I think something wrong with pricing. Us$300mil per A320 SQ selling there 772er itself for $90mil we can purchase 10 of them for the price we paid to A320 ......PPL WAKEUP

Comment

• Airbus Aircraft Average List Prices (As per Jan 2011) : https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...H-1UvU4IsosH0Q

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
              I think something wrong with pricing. Us$300mil per A320 SQ selling there 772er itself for $90mil we can purchase 10 of them for the price we paid to A320 ......PPL WAKEUP
              Maybe it was $300m for all 3 A320s ($100m per A320) which was misrepresented in the press? Being a lease, the cost will be a tad higher than an outright purchase. Either that or someone is getting ripped off with their aircraft. Does anyone have any inside contacts within UL they could verify this info with?

Comment

• ^^^
                I think you are right. Banu's doc lists A320 at 85M and including the cost of lease and kick backs 100M sounds reasonable. I thought the Island was a better newspaper!

Comment

• Sri Lanka budget carrier losses mount, assets negative

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                    Maybe it was $300m for all 3 A320s ($100m per A320) which was misrepresented in the press? Being a lease, the cost will be a tad higher than an outright purchase. Either that or someone is getting ripped off with their aircraft. Does anyone have any inside contacts within UL they could verify this info with?
                    In reality a/c are sold at much lower values than the list prices. The leases for the 320s are all operating leases, not capital leases ( as in leasing a road vehicle where at the end you become the owner ), hence there is no way that they will cost $100m. What I know is that, UL never releases financial numbers of a/c deals to the media. Hence it's probably that the media jumbled LKR and USD or somebody provided a fake number.
                    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Kflyer,
                      You are right, I was giving the benefit of the doubt to the author of the report. It is well known in the industry that carriers that place bulk orders (like EK and SQ) get as much as 40%-45% off the list, depending on how the deals are structured. I would assume an order for 3 aircrafts would attract at least 25% discount off the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                        Kflyer,
                        You are right, I was giving the benefit of the doubt to the author of the report. It is well known in the industry that carriers that place bulk orders (like EK and SQ) get as much as 40%-45% off the list, depending on how the deals are structured. I would assume an order for 3 aircrafts would attract at least 25% discount off the list.
                        Probably no discounts for UL. As far as I know, the orders had already been placed by ALC. UL simply leased them from ALC.
                        The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Flemingo and Aldeasa set to split the duty free spoils in Colombo

SOURCE: http://www.moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=6&doc_id=27573
                          Good decision, itll be interesting to see if the shops get upgrades (and whether the concession will cover the new/future terminal as well). BTW does anyone have news on whether UL will be ordering widebodies soon?
                          Last edited by banuthev; 25-10-2011, 06:06 AM. Reason: uote

Comment

• Dailynews says, Starting with December 1, 2011, SriLankan will add three more flights a week to BOM and one more to both MAA and BLR. It appears to be one more daily to be added to both MAA and BLR.

4R-ADG picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/tagspla...n/photostream/

Comment

• Ambassador Weeratunga said that from 15th September, SriLankan national carrier will commence flying from Colombo to Moscow. There will be two flights per week, every Thursdays and Saturdays. SriLankan will take off from Colombo to Moscow on Thursday evening and from Moscow to Colombo on Saturday evening.

Comment

• Thanks Max for the DME update !!
                                Its a great news that UL to fly DME nonstop .. Does any body have the flight schedule of the UL's DME nonstop flights ? Amadeus and OAG still shows the old one ..

Comment

Working...
                                X