• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SriLankan Airlines moves to meet EU emissions rules

Comment

• SriLankan to Toronto, 4R-ADG and Other Updates

http://airlineindustryreview.com/sri...other-updates/
      According to Airtoday and Kflyer's web, UL has confirmed that they will not fly their aircraft to YYZ, however the codeshare flight is to be operated to YYZ effective Winter 2011/2. Its likely UL to codeshare with AC on the LHR-YYZ route. I guess UL will start expanding flights to LHR anytime soon. Can anyone confirm when UL will increase flights to LHR ?

Above sources also say UL's A332s are going to be configured as J18/Y251. Refurbishment process will commence in August 2011.

Bilateral Air Services signed between India and Sri Lanka. UL plans to expand the frequencies to MAA from 15 to 42 weekly and the DEL flights from daily to 14 weekly.

Comment

• Glad to see here start up for para jumping and skydiving. It might be not so popular in the beginning but damp sure about it's boom up business later. I really look forward for such business in Sri Lanka. Cheer for future success of Sri Lanka.
        aircraft ground support equipment

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
          According to Airtoday and Kflyer's web, UL has confirmed that they will not fly their aircraft to YYZ, however the codeshare flight is to be operated to YYZ effective Winter 2011/2. Its likely UL to codeshare with AC on the LHR-YYZ route. I guess UL will start expanding flights to LHR anytime soon. Can anyone confirm when UL will increase flights to LHR ?

Above sources also say UL's A332s are going to be configured as J18/Y251. Refurbishment process will commence in August 2011.

Bilateral Air Services signed between India and Sri Lanka. UL plans to expand the frequencies to MAA from 15 to 42 weekly and the DEL flights from daily to 14 weekly.
          LHR -YYC AC codeshare make sense. AC and UL already have some relationship. (you get best rates on AC - UL combination via FRA/LHR/CDG). YYZ has very high landing fee (if not the highest) and until UL can offer a better product they should not do North America. Instead, they should capture North American traffic from key gateways like LHR/FRA/ZRH/AMS/CDG/NRT/HKG/ICN. in some cases, UL's connections are either very bad or doesn't work at all with North Americans. UL used to have after midnight departures to Europe and morning arrivals where the corrections to North America works well. But lately, UL's late morning or mid day departures from CMB doesn't work with North American connections. With better utilization of narrow bodies to regional routes, Ul should optimize the far east and Europe routes to cater North American traffic.

My guess about that secret UL Europe destination is ZRH but AMS also a possibility.

Comment

• Good news about UL's expansion. A newspaper did leak the new destination out when covering the new A320. Hopefully UL will place a new widebody order soon.
            Last edited by lordvader; 06-06-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• @ lordvader - Yes, Manoj told the Sunday Leader that SriLankan possibly re-launch Zurich. Source.

China Eastern (MU) increases Colombo flights from 3 to 5 weekly until 30th June-2011. Additional flights operate on days Wed and Sat with a flight number MU7527/8, Operate on : Kunming - Colombo - Male', using a B737 Series. It appears to be this additional flights are operating to CMB for aircraft utilisation as China Eastern faces a few frequency-reduction on BKK, HKG, KTM, VTE from KMG. It would be better if they continue this 5 weekly CMB flights even after 30th June ...

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                SRI LANKAN FLAG is still missing near the cockpit
                Sri Lankan flag is now on 4R-ADG

ref:shashanka
                Last edited by skyline; 07-06-2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• China airlines cargo update

CMB service cancelled http://airlineroute.net/2011/06/07/cic-kix-jun11/
                  Last edited by newsflasher; 07-06-2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Deccan Aviation expands fleet

Comment

• not confirmed : UL may add morning flights to BOM on day 2, 5, 7. Peak hours.
                      The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• LBO reporting CMB - ZRH operation starting from Dec 23.

Comment

• UL to ZRH eff 23DEC http://airlineindustryreview.com/sri...rns-to-zurich/
                          The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                            Flights to/from Australia surely have to be next , the huge Sri Lankan population in Australia , strong AUD$ , geo/political location half way between Australia to Europe and a strong demand for Asia leisure travel to Sri Lanka & Maldives
                            Come on SriLankan Airlines - Go the Aussies

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                              ZRH timetable posted in airline route, too bad - all North American connections are gone by the time UL bird arriving in ZRH (1925 hrs) . There must be some operational reason behind, but UL should plan for connecting passengers for all European and far eastern gateways. To cater North American traffic UL need to arrive in morning or mid day hours.

Comment

• US $900 million for three A320 aircraft

Comment

Working...
                                X