Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the pics! Looks nice (in fact better than some major airlines) although I wouldve preferred if business class had bigger LCD screens. Also will the leather seating be applied throughout the rest of UL's fleet? Good decision to put it in the A320s since it will cut down on cleaning costs and reduce turnaround time. Are the A330s and A340s going in for refurbishment soon?

Comment

• Heres the other article which mentions all future UL aircraft will be new (except the upcoming A343):

New SriLankan Airlines A320 touches down in Colombo

SOURCE: http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110522/BusinessTimes/bt32.html

Comment

• The aircraft feature 20 business class seats and 120 economy class seats. Gunewardene states that the interiors will be specially designed to be more luxurious than the standard model.

Comment

• USD 350M for a A330???

Even the -300 is listed for USD 220M, and as far as I know most are sold around USD 150M, if not less.

That leaves a USD 200M for commissions and kick backs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
            USD 350M for a A330???

Even the -300 is listed for USD 220M, and as far as I know most are sold around USD 150M, if not less.

That leaves a USD 200M for commissions and kick backs?
            Unless they exaggerated the numbers..
            The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• 4R-ADG delivery http://airlineindustryreview.com/sri...ds-sixth-a340/ was due today
              The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                Thanks Kflyer.
                4R-ADG touch down in CMB today at 17:10 Local Time. HKG-CMB operated as UL1423.

Comment

• Sri Lanka's new international airport to have a D check hangar

Comment

USD 350M for a A330???

Maybe $350m over the lease period (eg 10 years). Not too sure though.

Originally posted by Serendib View Post

Minister Jayarathna said that the Ministry has come to an agreement with a Dubai based company for the D check hangar. A three acre land is to be allocated adjacent to the airport for this purpose.
                    Is Emirates returning to Sri Lanka or is it a different Dubai based company? I wouldve thought that UL Engineering would operate the hangar.

Comment

• It's got to be EK, as FlyDubai is all B737.

Unless UL Engineering is now certified for D check on Boeing frames also.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                        Maybe $350m over the lease period (eg 10 years). Not too sure though.
                        Highly unlikely even if you consider a monthly lease of 1.2 $ million thereabouts for a brand new frame over the course of 10 years; it does little for their credibility to make up figures and pass it to the media (a media which goes about printing it without verifying it first...). They seem to have lied about the age of the latest A340 as well (4R-ADG) claiming it is only 6 years old....

Comment

It's got to be EK, as FlyDubai is all B737.

Unless UL Engineering is now certified for D check on Boeing frames also.
                          More likely the tie up is with a MRO company (maybe DAE?) with whom they can tie up for technical collaboration.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines costs up USD 30 mn due to soaring oil prices

Comment

• It sounds as if they will move KUL/SIN to a twice daily A320 op. Shame not to see A330s/A340s hauling shorter hauls

Comment

• More photos of the new A320 and its arrival ceremony (the aircraft looks impressive): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...34859446563717

I really hope they order some more of these new 320s in addition to the upcoming 3 aircraft. Also note the A330 in the background in one of the photos. Is it being refurbished with the new IFE/Business seats? If not, does anyone know when they will be installed? They were originally meant to be installed from May 2011 onwards (hence my question).
                                Last edited by lordvader; 24-05-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X