This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
    LOL why an A320? They should be using A332s to fly to ZRH.
    I read on A.Net that UL may fly 1 weekly CMB-ZRH and 1 weekly CMB-ZRH-MLE-CMB using A332s, from the 23-Dec-2011. These flights are likely to be operated on partnership with Swiss Tour Operator. I am guessing that Tour Operator could be Edelweiss Holidays, which is also to resume the direct flights to CMB in 1st Nov 2011. However UL's ZRH launch has not been fully confirmed yet.

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
    I heard a rumour that Mihin will start CMB-SIN-CGK service a while back (not sure if its true).
    Yes, This source said MJ will return to SIN this year. http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2011/02/06/new36.asp

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
    I thought Hanoi would be the better bet for MJ (rather than Ho Chi Minh)?
    But I thought SGN is the best for MJ as its a busy airport handing around total capacity of 15-17 million passengers per annum. But HAN isnt. Any particular reason why MJ should fly to HAN ? Please advise ?

Originally posted by Max View Post
    China Eastern Airlines expected to launch flights to Colombo from a new Chinese city before the end of 2011.

China Eastern Airlines currently operates three flights per week from Kunming to Sri Lanka and going back to Male.
    Great news ! Probably China Eastern will fly from PVG while Hainan Airlines fly CMB from PEK. Hainan Airlines to launch CMB in 1st Aug 2011. http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/01/21/bus02.asp

Originally posted by Serendib View Post
    Sharp increase in frequencies to India

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110508/Bus...imes/bt01.html
    Good news ! Sri Lanka is on bileteral negotiations with the India Aviation Secretaries to increase MAA flights from 15 to 40 weekly (5/6 flights a day) and DEL flights from 7 to 14 weekly. I believe upcoming new-A320s mainly to be used for India flights.

Comment

• How about Sri Lanka Iran flights?

I think a cargo air service active between both countries

Comment

• An A320 can do CMB-MNL nonstop with just a slight penalty. No big issue. But I don't see them operating to MNL anytime soon.
        The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
          I read on A.Net that UL may fly 1 weekly CMB-ZRH and 1 weekly CMB-ZRH-MLE-CMB using A332s, from the 23-Dec-2011. These flights are likely to be operated on partnership with Swiss Tour Operator. I am guessing that Tour Operator could be Edelweiss Holidays, which is also to resume the direct flights to CMB in 1st Nov 2011. However UL's ZRH launch has not been fully confirmed yet.

Yes, This source said MJ will return to SIN this year. http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2011/02/06/new36.asp

But I thought SGN is the best for MJ as its a busy airport handing around total capacity of 15-17 million passengers per annum. But HAN isnt. Any particular reason why MJ should fly to HAN ? Please advise ?

Great news ! Probably China Eastern will fly from PVG while Hainan Airlines fly CMB from PEK. Hainan Airlines to launch CMB in 1st Aug 2011. http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/01/21/bus02.asp

Good news ! Sri Lanka is on bileteral negotiations with the India Aviation Secretaries to increase MAA flights from 15 to 40 weekly (5/6 flights a day) and DEL flights from 7 to 14 weekly. I believe upcoming new-A320s mainly to be used for India flights.
          Cannot be Edelweiss. Edelweiss in turn is owned by SWISS. Nor is it a "large tour operator". ZRH launch will go ahead, barring any unavoidable issues. ZRH will likely operate with 332s, however it does not mean that 320s will not operate to Europe. I do not wish to share an airline's plans prior to they are actively put in place. Not that I know many internal news anyway.
          The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Deccan aviation takes delivery of new aircraft - http://print.dailymirror.lk/business...cal/43890.html
            Pictures - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...45163845540879

Comment

• Sri Lanka, Australia and regional countries join forces

Comment

• Hi Banuthev, i am Lankan Ranger - in here as Max

Comment

• Hi Max - Oh Is it ? Its great to see you here !

Any idea which A343 (ADA/B/C) to go first for refurb ? Any updates on 4R-ADG ? Kflyer says on A.Net, ADG might delay its delivery until next month due to its engine maint.

Comment

• SriLankan will add more frequency's to Karachi.

Comment

• The Sri Lankan Airlines Air Taxi services have been extended now to the Kandy area as well as the first batch of passengers will be taken from Colombo to Kandy today (May 15).

The Sri Lankan Airlines Air Taxi services have been extended now to the Kandy area as well as the first batch of passengers will be taken from Colombo to Kandy today (May 15)

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                        SriLankan will add more frequency's to Karachi.
                        Currently UL flies 5 weekly to KHI, So how many more flights are to be added ?
                        Any possibilities UL or MJ would fly Lahore ?

Comment

Hi Max - Oh Is it ? Its great to see you here !

Any idea which A343 (ADA/B/C) to go first for refurb ? Any updates on 4R-ADG ? Kflyer says on A.Net, ADG might delay its delivery until next month due to its engine maint.
                          None AFAIK. ADG due in June. Air Astana is considering CMB

Comment

Currently UL flies 5 weekly to KHI, So how many more flights are to be added ?
                            Any possibilities UL or MJ would fly Lahore ?
                            6th flight will become operational, if the current passenger level increasing, KHI route doing fine.

I don’t think we will have Lahore flights due to lack of passengers.

Comment

• Air Astana to Sri Lanka

Comment

• Lufthansa Cargo holds regional meeting in SL

Comment

Working...
                                X