Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.S: Did anyone ask about a ZRH flight ?
    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
      Good news if true! Mihin needs to expand. Havent seen anything around though which suggests that Mihin is looking at flying to Vietnam. Do you have an inside source?
      Friends working in both Sri Lankan & Mihin Lanka

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
        Friends working in both Sri Lankan & Mihin Lanka
        Nice, thank you very much for the info! Any idea if Mihin is getting any new aircraft this year? They havent been in the news as much as SriLankan has. Hopefully they expand to some new destinations (for eg Chittagong, Lahore and Tehran) which may have some demand for a LCC like Mihin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
          P.S: Did anyone ask about a ZRH flight ?
          I did. Thanks for reminding me. Do you know if/when SriLankan will re-instate the ZRH flights ?

Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
          UL to launch CMB-DXB-DME eff 15SEP on board A320 http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/th...september.html
          Thanks for the update ! Does 4R-ABM has in-flight entertainment ?

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
          Good news if true! Mihin needs to expand. Havent seen anything around though which suggests that Mihin is looking at flying to Vietnam. Do you have an inside source?
          Does Vietnam-Sri Lanka route has enough passenger traffic ?

Comment

• Hi folks,

im curious to know will srilankan airlines fly non stop to hong kong ??

There was a new in hk as the new Hong Kong airlines gonna start HKG-CMB-MLE-CMB-HKG. then the topic shaded , also there was a new that UL will fly tokyo via hong kong.
            no updates on that too.

Comment

Nice, thank you very much for the info! Any idea if Mihin is getting any new aircraft this year? They havent been in the news as much as SriLankan has. Hopefully they expand to some new destinations (for eg Chittagong, Lahore and Tehran) which may have some demand for a LCC like Mihin.
              Aviation market study going on for Vietnam & Philippines

They are trying to attract people who are traveling to Middle East for work

After the aviation market study, they will decide about aircrafts
              Last edited by Max; 10-05-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                I did. Thanks for reminding me. Do you know if/when SriLankan will re-instate the ZRH flights ?

Thanks for the update ! Does 4R-ABM has in-flight entertainment ?

Does Vietnam-Sri Lanka route has enough passenger traffic ?
                ZRH flights should be loaded soon if they go ahead. But now it seems that they are looking at using 320s to ZRH too. This is not confirmed.
                The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                  Hi folks,

im curious to know will srilankan airlines fly non stop to hong kong ??

There was a new in hk as the new Hong Kong airlines gonna start HKG-CMB-MLE-CMB-HKG. then the topic shaded , also there was a new that UL will fly tokyo via hong kong.
                  no updates on that too.
                  Not enough traffic for UL to fly nonstop CMB-HKG. HKG-TYO won't work. Was planned at one stage and later cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                    Aviation market study going on for Vietnam & Philippines

They are trying to attract people who are traveling to Middle East for work

After the aviation market study, they will decide about aircrafts
                    Thank you very much for the info. Much appreciated. Good to see that Mihin is looking at attracting Middle East workers. However in order to do this wouldn't they also have to also expand in the Middle East (for eg. serving more destinations like Amman etc)?

Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                    ZRH flights should be loaded soon if they go ahead. But now it seems that they are looking at using 320s to ZRH too. This is not confirmed.
                    LOL why an A320? They should be using A332s to fly to ZRH.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info. Much appreciated. Good to see that Mihin is looking at attracting Middle East workers. However in order to do this wouldn't they also have to also expand in the Middle East (for eg. serving more destinations like Amman etc)?
                      They were interested in an Airbus A320-232 aircraft

We can see some progress after the aviation market study completed

Comment

• @ Azamh - UL424 did operate nonstop HKG in the past. It was a once a week flight operated for 1 or 2 weeks. I think UL is better increase the HKG flights via BKK rather than providing nonstop service. Also UL has the fifth freedom to fly Thai - China. Any chance UL will resume its fourth frequency to HKG ?

@ Kflyer - Why UL is flying narrowbody to ZRH, when large Sri Lankan population lives in Switzerland and UL did fly 5 weekly to ZRH in Summer 2003, however 2 of 5 weekly flight operated CMB-ZRH-FRA-CMB. Is UL planning to fly ZRH flights via DXB exactly like DXB-DME ?

@ Lordvader - Yes, if MJ is planning to connect Far-East - Gulf, then they will need to expand gulf flights too. Presently MJ is flying only 7 weekly to DXB and 5 weekly KWI in the gulf. Most of the KWI flights via DXB.

@ Max - Suppose MJ launch Philippines (likely MNL), they will need an intermediate stop on the CMB-MNL route as A32S cant fly nonstop CMB-Philippines. Possibly MJ will route the A32S on CMB-SGN-MNL.

Comment

@ Max - Suppose MJ launch Philippines (likely MNL), they will need an intermediate stop on the CMB-MNL route as A32S cant fly nonstop CMB-Philippines.
                          Possibly MJ will route the A32S on CMB-SGN-MNL.
                          I also thought about that, they need an intermediate stop on.

There is a possibility they may fly like you proposed here, because it is the easiest way.

Comment

• Deccan Aviation introduced its new aircraft GA8 Airvan to Sri Lanka investing Rs 9.5 million (USD 850,000) which will shortly be registered in Sri Lanka.

Comment

@ Kflyer - Why UL is flying narrowbody to ZRH, when large Sri Lankan population lives in Switzerland and UL did fly 5 weekly to ZRH in Summer 2003
                              My thoughts exactly!

Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                              @ Max - Suppose MJ launch Philippines (likely MNL), they will need an intermediate stop on the CMB-MNL route as A32S cant fly nonstop CMB-Philippines. Possibly MJ will route the A32S on CMB-SGN-MNL.
                              I thought Hanoi would be the better bet for MJ (rather than Ho Chi Minh)? I heard a rumour that Mihin will start CMB-SIN-CGK service a while back (not sure if its true).
                              Last edited by lordvader; 12-05-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• China Eastern Airlines expected to launch flights to Colombo from a new Chinese city before the end of 2011.

China Eastern Airlines currently operates three flights per week from Kunming to Sri Lanka and going back to Male.

Comment

Working...
                                X