This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Mihin Lanka getting two Xian MA-60 planes in 2011

What are they going to do with two Xian MA-60 planes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
      I think Mihin Lanka getting two Xian MA-60 planes in 2011

What are they going to do with two Xian MA-60 planes?
      I think MJ has a plan of operating scheduled flights to Jaffna.

Comment

• 4R-ABM/MSN 4694 in Toulouse (TLS) on 21st Apr.

Comment

• Banu, thanks for all the scoop pics of the new aircraft youve put in this thread! Much appreciated. Im eagerly waiting to see the interior pics of 4694 (and whether theyve actually installed the new IFE systems in)!

Comment

• Mattala airport to be tourism & cargo hub end 2012

Comment

• Making Colombo an aviation hub

Comment

• Originally posted by uwe1994 View Post
                I think MJ has a plan of operating scheduled flights to Jaffna.
                IMHO, It will be better if MJ also use the MA60s for routes like KKS-MAA, KKS-TRZ, KKS-IXM, CMB-IXM, CMB-TRV (for additional flights) and CMB-TRZ (for additional flights). BTW Does any body know the current-status of MJ's MA60s ? I heard that MJ also has a plan of getting another A320 by 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                  IMHO, It will be better if MJ also use the MA60s for routes like KKS-MAA, KKS-TRZ, KKS-IXM, CMB-IXM, CMB-TRV (for additional flights) and CMB-TRZ (for additional flights). BTW Does any body know the current-status of MJ's MA60s ? I heard that MJ also has a plan of getting another A320 by 2012.
                  I dont think they are getting the MA60's (I think they are now going to Helitours) since there isnt that much demand for domestic scheduled flights anymore (with the reopened roads). And I think they mentioned about another A320 in an interview somewhere, as well as a plan to increase the fleet to five aircraft eventually. That said, Im not sure so its best to get someone in the know to confirm it!

Comment

• Sri Lankan Airlines to start its direct flights to Bangladesh

Last edited by Max; 27-04-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Eleven young Sri Lankans have qualified to join Sri Lankan Airlines as pilots

Comment

• Four new airbuses will be added to the fleet of SriLankan and Mihinlanka Airlines before the end of this year, Civil Aviation Minister Priyankara Jayaratne said.

Comment

• Sri Lankan Airlines has cancelled it's proposed Moscow Launch in December 2011. The flights are now removed from the GDS.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines gets second floatplane. SriLankan Air Taxi, the domestic arm of SriLankan Airlines, has acquired its second floatplane as island-wide operations expand and it plans to start daily flights to another town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ojas View Post
                              Sri Lankan Airlines has cancelled it's proposed Moscow Launch in December 2011. The flights are now removed from the GDS.
                              Does anyone knows the reason?? Anything to do with Aeroflot return to CMB in Nov 2011??

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                                Jetlite, a subsidery of Jet airways will resume flights to Colombo from 30 October 2011. Jet Airways also to continue its 2 daily flights between Colombo and Chennai.

With the resumption of Jetlite, Colombo- Chennai route receives 9.1 daily flights, which includes SriLankan, Air India, Air India Express, Jet Airways, Jetlite, Kingfisher Airlines and Spice Jet.

Jetlite planned schedule for Colombo

S20541 - 22:45 - 00:05 - B73G - MAA-CMB - Daily
                                S20542 - 01:05 - 02:45 - B73G - CMB-MAA - Daily

source : jetlite.com
                                Jetlite will not resume MAA - CMB. The flight has been removed from the GDS. I had all the way suspected that it was the last years inventory that wasn't updated, but I thought I'd wait till it is official.

Comment

Working...
                                X